Saturday, May 07, 2022

The Ride -- Life Goes On -- a Poem for Sunday Muse

  

                Photo by Robert Doisneau 
                “The Ghost Train,” 1953
 
  The Ride; something special?

Ride of my life I'm looking for 
Too old for ponies I was told 
Truth comes hard not child any more 

Life change, adolescents we were 
Corny jokes tickles and pinches 
Crushes, fickle loves and breakups 

Come scarey tunnel of darkness 
Moments getting more serious 
Teens we learned every part of love  

High school finished my grades were good 
Way too young still, took our chances 
Steamed romances settled on one 

Will marriage be the ride for me 
Cross my fingers hope for good choice
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo inspiration courtesy of Carrie as hosting The Sunday Muse #209, 
 - Her other choices today:




- All seemed to me to be stages of a woman's life.  See Carrie's link above for their artist's credits.
..
- I have written every day in April for National Poem Writing Month, I hope you can classify all as poems of sorts.
 Each of the links below should pull up several writes from April 1 down to April 30 (today, 2022): 

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, May 07, 2022 3:31:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

You wrote a good poem, and you made a wise and good choice in life Jim. Mrs. Jim I am sure is a true keeper. Happy Mother's Day to her!

 
At Saturday, May 07, 2022 5:08:00 PM, Blogger  said...

“All seemed to me to be stages of a woman's life.“ ... That is very insightful.

“Corny jokes tickles and pinches” ... always the very best phase <3

 
At Sunday, May 08, 2022 4:01:00 AM, Blogger Marion Horton said...

'scary tunnels of darkness' - nice metaphor for what lies ahead ...

 
At Sunday, May 08, 2022 1:46:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

pleasant reminisces

 
At Tuesday, May 10, 2022 7:11:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

You have a wonderful way of whisking me back to 'girlhood.'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home