Thursday, August 08, 2019

Poem for a Thursday Challenge (everybody gonna shine)

My Music Love 

My music love is not the kind
of today.  Rather much older
Rolling Stones and Beatles I find
Oldies radio played bolder

Youth to thirty-five jive to beat 
Video goes with--they have need
Eagles, Janis Joplin, my treat 
Our marriage, a "Proud Mary" theme 
 _ _ _

"(We)* thumbed that diesel down
Me and Bobby McGee..."
into New Orleans town
We'll shine you wait and see 

*(note) Janis and me
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/08/juice.html?m=1
 - Go to the link above to see how YOU would be inspired by Queen Lizzy and her modern song.  You might SING along



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I love this ode to the oldies - which are forever young!

 
At Thursday, August 08, 2019 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love "Me and Bobby McGee".........this poem took me back, Jim. I also really love the music of my parents' day - I'll Get By.......sigh.

 
At Thursday, August 08, 2019 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Music definitely moves you. I’m a fan of every generation. But have my favourites too.

 
At Friday, August 09, 2019 8:31:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Nice, nice. I have room in my heart for all kinds of music <3

 
At Friday, August 09, 2019 3:34:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Everybody's got their groove music. I'm wide open to all kinds of it. :) Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home