Thursday, July 18, 2019

An Idea Poem for Thursday - While driving one day

Invention has its own algorithm: genius, obsession, serendipity, and epiphany in some unknowable combination.
— Malcolm GladwellNew Yorker,12 May 2008 (at https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/epiphany
My Invention;    While driving one day
While driving one day I tired a little Don't get me wrong, wife's the love of my life and I've several of those, lasting less That day the umpteenth time how I should drive 
Little driving tips, deciding for me What lane to be in and slow a little Where to turn, next street, and where I should park Be sure to lock the car, are the lights off 
Got me to thinking, and I'm so polite Every tip there is a "Thank you", the likes But that day a thought came, my assistance "Necessity, the mother of Invention." 
My acknowledgements, my no pain  retort Idea for Invention, needs patent Won't hurt her feelings, she'll know I heeded Once more Ephinay has  come my way 
And it ought to sell, every driving man The ladies should like it too, feelings saved  _ _ _ 
 - Photo and Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved  - I'm linked with Toni Spencer in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/07/poetry-begins-with-lump-in-throat.html?m=1 
- Toni has told how she writes her poem, then finds a matching poem by a bored author as illustration.  If I have a photo Iike to choose it likewise because i believe my 'poems' should  able to stand alone.  (Hint from my tutor, Ted Koosier) - Toni today used the word, "epiphany", I looked it up to see other meanings besides a revelation from a divine source.  There I found a quote by Malcolm Gladwell that fitted exactly my idea for a writing today (see top of my page). 

9 Comments:

At Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:22:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

An epiphany is usually a good thing, especially when it arrives when it is most needed.

 
At Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Wise choice - one I should remember every time I'm annoyed by a spouse that means well!

 
At Friday, July 19, 2019 5:31:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I think when driving a wife one must become a different person...one she cannot criticize...this however is very hard to do and takes years of develop!

 
At Friday, July 19, 2019 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I had to laugh out loud ... My 51 year old daughter did that yesterday. Then she apologized.

 
At Friday, July 19, 2019 6:44:00 PM, Blogger Tanza Erlambang said...

your poem like to read a nice story.... great

 
At Friday, July 19, 2019 10:30:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Derived from the Greek word epiphaneia,epiphany means “appearance,” or “manifestation.” In literary terms, an epiphanyis that moment in the story where a character achieves realization, awareness, or a feeling of knowledge.

 
At Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

You are a good man Jim! I think the driving experience with one we are very close to can be like this. It is one of those thins in marriage that drive us crazy. Pardon the pun. LOL

 
At Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:44:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Good advice for marriage and many other tricky situations.

 
At Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

You weaved a good tale with this prompt. Well crafted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home