Thursday, July 25, 2019

A Fourteen Line Porm -- Using a Neruda' Title

I like for you to be still

I like for you to be still
When you are barley awake
Night time and almost asleep
I sooth your hair brush your cheek

I like for you to be still
When you are sleeping soundly
Dreaming sugar sweet morsels
I wish to be the sweetest

I like for you to be still
When morning comes you awake
Smiling face tear on your cheek
I squeeze your bod wipe that cheek

I like for you to be still
As you do me. We cuddle 
_ _ _ 

- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
- I am linked with Sanaa Rizvi in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/07/like-starry-blooms-on-new-firmament-in.html?m=1

 - I doubt Neruda would be proud of me although mine is in a 'cousin' vein of his.
[click on pictures for larger view,
click again for larger still] 


Ending here with the view from Pablo Neruda's home.  It is atop the hill, looking over the harbor and out to sea.  Inspirational for some nice poetry.  Read of this world famous poet heremy blog entry of his home here(the bottom part of the posting), and read more of Valparaiso here.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:49:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh this is so sweet.

 
At Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:11:00 PM, Blogger Lori said...

For me, this evoked the quiet cuddles at bedtime with a small child and parent. Sweetly caressing their head as they sleep and dream of perhaps sugar plum fairies. And if there are nightmares, you are there to wipe away the tears.

 
At Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Night time and almost asleep ~~ the magical hour.

 
At Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Knowing the other is relaxed does help, rather than them being restless. Cuddles are good!

 
At Friday, July 26, 2019 5:52:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is incredibly sweet, Jim 💜💜

 
At Friday, July 26, 2019 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

the drifting off to sleep, the tender touch, yes, a sweet silence.

 
At Sunday, July 28, 2019 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh those moments when love carries us toward sleep are so beautiful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home