Friday, October 26, 2018

A scary (??) Poem for Friday


To the man in my garage

Dear man in my garage,
You scared the Bejesus
Right out of me

The first time I noticed
Hardly did I give
it a second thought
Come morning though the light
was on, I thought it me and
had left it on night before

But then I wondered if
You'd sneaked in during the day
when I'd left the door open
And I worried a bit
so left kitchen door locked

The second day the light
was on for no reason
During the day I heard
noises from the garage
I dared not go there
I didn't tell a soul

Dear man in my garage
Why did you come
Did you mean to scare me so
You scared the Bejesus
Right out of me

Raining and cold
I don't blame you one bit
But why'd you stay
Warmer in there but
not one bite to eat or drink

Again the third day
Come morning the light was on
I'd checked it the night before
Off
Had it with you
But didn't tell a soul
Scared

About two I went around
to the front, quietly opened
the door and then ran
Like Hell back in the house
'Cause I had the Bejesus
scared out of me

Dear man in the garage
I hoped and prayed all day
That you'd take the hint
and run far away
And if you went you'd go to stay

That night I shut the door
made sure the light was off
And prayed again that you'd gone
Come morning when I checked
the light out there was off

Now man in my garage,
please don't come back any more
For sure you scared the Bejesus
Right out of me

Still haven't told a soul 
 _ _ _ _ 

Hit the road Jack (lyrics)
_ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Isadora Gruye in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/10/creature-feature-out-of-standard.html?m=1
 - Bejesus:  definition (2nd), "—used as a noun for emphasis scares the bejesus out of me. Merriam-Webster (Google Search)

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, October 26, 2018 1:18:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

At least you could have left him a cookie and a drink if he was going to be that regular or rang the cops to moan about unlawful trespass except that he might break your windows later!

 
At Friday, October 26, 2018 2:15:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

That is spooky. I'm glad we don't have a garage!

 
At Friday, October 26, 2018 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yikes, am glad he went away. That is spooky!

 
At Friday, October 26, 2018 4:08:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I bet that he wanted the garage for himself... they are usually just a tad territorial those beasts

 
At Friday, October 26, 2018 4:33:00 PM, Blogger Isadora Gruye said...

I really like the way the story of the man unfolded through the narrator! Well done and thanks for posting!

 
At Friday, October 26, 2018 7:23:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Well done tale, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home