Sunday, April 15, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-15 -- Day 15, a Poem, feed your dog

 
My day is done;
  if you love a dog then feed it 
 
My day is finished my work is done
I will rest my bod I'm going home  
 
You can't leave work remains to be done
Flowers to pick and some seeds to sow
Potatoes to plant and weeds to hoe 
 
I'll leave the garden for someone else 
Here's my truck the kids can load it up  

Heavy groceries for the many mouths
You do that so well the neighbors wait
Food from the food bank don't let it waste
 
I've done that for years it's your turn now  
I'm tired so weary home I must go

 
 
   - - - -
 
 - Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved 
   (The legend and the pickup are "PrintScreen" photos)
 
-  I'm writing forat the Imaginary Garden with Real ToadsApril 15; Serendipity and a poet ,  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-16-serendipity-and-poet.html

  - I'm also linked to 
Day Fifteen of NaPoWriMo,  http://www.napowrimo.net/day-fifteen-4/ If you click on 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers.
 
 - Gillena suggested the we read three of Villon's works and write our thoughts (inspiration) that might come from our reading. (François Villon, Google links)
 - I liked the legend by Falstaff (my PrintScreen Photo above) at the beginning of his Ballad, Fat Madge and from the first line, third stanza, of his Ballad, The Proverbs ("... So, you love a dog. Then feed it!"). 
 - The three poems:
    1. The Ballad Of The Proverbs - Poem by  François Villon
    2. Epitaph In The Form Of A Ballade - Poem by François Villon
    3. The Ballad Of Villon And Fat Madge - Poem by François Villon

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, April 15, 2018 5:56:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the cabin in the photo, would make a perfect writing shed! I feel the same tiredness as the narrator, Jim.

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2018 6:55:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

You just know when you're tired. A lovely poem.

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

Enough is enough, it’s time for rest- I enjoyed your poem very much :-)

 
At Sunday, April 15, 2018 8:38:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

I totally agree with with L C

 
At Monday, April 16, 2018 6:34:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A feeder of many, it seems. Lovely earthy poem ... and quite right about feeding dogs.

 
At Monday, April 16, 2018 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice take on the prompt Jim, thank you for participating.

Much🌼love

 
At Monday, April 16, 2018 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Time to pass the baton to a younger generation -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home