Sunday, April 08, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-08 -- Day 8, a Poem for Fun

.
Of the Nagging Woman;
 fill in the blanks with your own words
 
I.
 
She's (besides being _____ )
  She's Loud
  and Disappointing,   
  Arrogant
  It's Demoralizing
  the way she Barks
  So Disgustingly irritating
 
  Spews Hateful remarks,  
  they are so Very grating
 
II.
 
How I feel (like _____ )
  I might be Insufficient
  but for sure I'm terribly Disappointed
  Often I would like to be Hatefully retorting
  I'm Demoralized
  and painfully Hurt,  
  wishing I was Running away  
 
  I feel like Dirt
  she treats me like that.  I could go Faraway
 
III.
 
What to do (besides _____ )
  Sometimes I Cry
  almost drives me to Drink  
  wish I could Muffle  
  her and Disappear  
  while she gets loose.  I like to Kick
  but I'll settle on going to the Golf course  

  It makes me to Be sick
  You might think we need to Divorce
  _ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2011 and 2018, All Rights Reserved
 
  - I'm writing for at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/poems-in-april-l-arora.html

- I'm also linked to 
Day Eight of NaPoWriMo,  http://www.napowrimo.net/day-eight-5/ If you click on the comments with links left or you can also try 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers.
 
I am not sure everyone will call this work tonight a poem, it got late as I've had a busy Sunday, I'm sorry.  For sure it is a list of words or phrases.  I did in my mind have something much better planned.  I think it may fit the requirements of both the groups above.
 
That said, Sanaa want us to try a new form, the A L' Arora
 - Hers ideally would have four verses but she said that two or three would do. 
 - The second is modeled after Shelly's defence described in the NaPoWriMo instructions.  Mine is very abbreviated though.
 - I believe it also loosely fits the requirement of a "triptych form poem," also very abbreviated (Google links for you to read up on it). 
.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, April 08, 2018 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Love it! Thank you for writing to the prompt, Jim.

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I really like what you did with the form - made it your own thing. Great progression through each part. I'm glad you felt inspired to write a triptych.

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

P.S. I eventually went with your suggested order for mine. Thanks.

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 3:24:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I think you created some serious fun!

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 1:19:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I truly hope this is fiction !

 
At Monday, April 09, 2018 7:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - I like how you've played with this, especially offering the reader to fill in the first blank of each line. Pretty nifty way to engage us. As for the content? Well, sorry, but I'm laughing, pray tell this isn't a "real truth" for you, but you've clearly taken some nagging sentiments and issues and presented them with feeling, yet also have turned them on their heads - sideways, for the sort of laughing at one-self and others after the heat and hurt of the moment has passed. Great fun to read this Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home