Tuesday, April 03, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-03 -- My Love - a Poem

Adi was retired from Pet Partners
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
Moon Gazing 

When I gaze at the moon 

I wish that you were here 
Sitting right beside me
I'd tell you tall stories

Stories, my love for you

How I miss those long walks
Walking in the moon light
How we'd stop to explore

Explore things, same old ones

But to us new always
Or were you making sure
Sure that nothing had changed

Perhaps by chance someone

Someone else had come by
Left his scent some new guy
For you to dream about

Or sit here listening

Hoping for a rabbit
Or a squirrel to cone by
Then you'd ask may I chase

I miss you terribly

My Adi Beagle Dog
But you're better off now
For you Doggy Heaven 
_ _ _ 


I'm writing for Rommy at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/tuesday-platform-napowrimo-style.html

I'm also linked to Day Three of NaPoWriMo, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-three-4/  If you click on 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 8:36:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What a good dog! She deserves her rest.

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 9:15:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I know how much you can get attached to a pet... and a dog like this will always be missed.

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 9:27:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

I am sorry about Adi. It is hard to lose a pet. And she looks like such a good dog. Perhaps there will be another?

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I'm sure she knew how very much she was loved by you. Losing a pet is so hard. I remember the heartbreak when I lost my first pet.

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Lovely, those long evening walks together. How we miss our critters when they pass. Sigh. She was beautiful, Jim.

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Dog lovers are the best human beings.

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 2:04:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

What a lovely tribute to Adi. I have such a companion too and I can understand how you feel.

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 8:40:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

I miss you terribly
My Adi Beagle Dog
But you're better off now

Memories die hard when feelings are invoked!

Hankm

 
At Tuesday, April 03, 2018 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, you'll never forget. My precious animals that have passed on cuddle warm in my heart.

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2018 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Awwww!😢

 
At Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:09:00 AM, Blogger Андрей said...

Such a beautiful poem... I'm so sorry for Adi.
A couple of years ago, I lost my dog, too, and I still miss her, so I know how you feel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home