Thursday, June 22, 2017

A poem, trial metafiction

Dr. Who? 

Dear reader, my wish for you is 
try to remember who I am 
I'm who you think I am. Only  
I won't say who on these pages 

You see the day I met Louise 
We had this thing, love at first sight 
Very short, courtship made in Hell 
Married Jackson style.  Fever still 

She too had her thing, other men 
Caught them one night in swank hotel 
Dead, I shot him dead, Texas style 
You may remember reading this 

Who I was, lawyer sprang me loose 
Can't mess with Texas boys they knew 
Gave me alias sent me back 
Married again Belle didn't know 

She'll tow the line no second chance 
Louise?  I shot her too, in a way 
Hit man clean shot in her head 
Sent him back to Columbia 

It wasn't me who did them in 
Or is it?  I'm just "Belle's old man" 
 _ _ _ _ _ 

 Photo and Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

 - I'm linked with, at the Imaginary Garden with Real
 Toads, Literary Excursions with Kerry,   http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/06/literary-excursions-with-kerry.html

 Kerry wants us to try something somewhat new in poetry, metafiction.  You can read an introduction and get ideas about writing metafiction style at the link above. 

 - Playing a little bit here too, I'm using one syllable words, maximum one word or none with more per line.  A few times I broke my self inflicted rule. 
.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Friday, June 23, 2017 2:02:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

No, you broke it 5 times (in various ways). Fun poem anyway.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2017 6:21:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

He was just too lucky, I'd say

Could see you having fun writing this one

Much love...

 
At Friday, June 23, 2017 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Poor Belle.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2017 10:19:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

The single syllables create a very interesting clipped style, Jim. It definitely adds to the story-telling.

 
At Friday, June 23, 2017 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

This reads like a film, Jim, and I really like it. The speaker sounds like he just stepped out of the screen.

And the title made me think of the Doctor Who TV show, of course. :-)

 
At Friday, June 23, 2017 11:14:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

This story fits very well to be told in single syllables...

 
At Friday, June 23, 2017 1:01:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Such an evocative write, Jim!

 
At Saturday, June 24, 2017 5:20:00 AM, Blogger Samyuktha Semi Jayaprakash said...

A nice literary excursion!

 
At Saturday, June 24, 2017 7:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me think of Johnny Cash ... because of the "Jackson" reference and the way it's sort of written in the storytelling style of his Folsom Prison song.

 
At Monday, July 03, 2017 2:28:00 PM, Blogger Julian said...

Loved this and the fast paced rythm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home