Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Lost; a poem of no recovery

Lost;
running away,
never to be found
 
I'm lost and
can't find my way
Really don't want
to anyway
 
They sent out
the search party
When I saw them come
I hid
 
No recovery
for me right now
Perhaps never
will be
 
Left alone
I want to be
Don't you come looking
for me
_ _ _ _
 
 - Photo and Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

 - I'm linked with, at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Tuesday Platform,  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-tuesday-platform_20.html


 - Kerry's words for us, "Greetings to all poets, wanderers, those who have lost and found their way...
Do you have thoughts to share, ideas you wish to release into the wild or a world view to express? You have come to the right place.
Her Illustration, below:
[picture on Kerry's post, linked above]
 
 - I took my picture of the Vespa scooter plaque in the "W o r l d . M a r k e t" store in Katy, Texas.  In one of my other lives I had a Vespa motorscooter  for a while.  It sufficed for second car use.  
 - I also used the scooter to get away on long jaunts, mostly riding up to our mountain or downing down along the Rio Grande River, either side.  In New Hampshire the scooter had prettier scenery for exploring. 
 - My Vespa ended life there in New Hampshire.  In another life I had a much larger Honda motor cycle.  That too has ended although I now have an older 1998 Ford Mustang Convertible, a what I call "an old man's motorcycle."
 - Most any place I have liked my solitude now and then but always I have come back.  
 - More birthdays than not I have mentioned running away but when I go Mrs. Jim has gone with me.
.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 21, 2017 5:52:00 PM, Blogger WildChild47 said...

Hi!

sometimes it's the need to unplug and step away - letting the wild call and listening to this - this is freedom in knowing when to retreat - to restore and I have to say, I like the "petulant child" feeling of this piece - it brings a smile to my face :)

I've always thought it would be cool to own a Vespa - totally impractical for me, but how interesting - and what a great line "an old man's motorcycle' - that's certainly one way of seeing it - and makes sense to me (I see quite a number of older men driving around "muscle" type cars and often wonder what's behind the impulse or drive - you might have just explained it! thanks and well, it seems kind of sensible to have a traveling companion sometimes, if not just to tie one's shoe laces ;)

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Gel said...

Solitude nourishes the soul.

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, I know that impulse to runaway from home! (I think it afflicted me most as a young mother, lol.) How wonderful that when you run away, the perfect companion can run with you.

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I can relate to these words, but sometimes there is relief in being found.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home