Thursday, May 18, 2017

Mixed ~~ a Poem for Artistic Interpretation challenge



Sitting here
On the end
  Working
  on the newsletter
It's about to go out

Out of the corner
Of my eye
  To the left
    I can see gobs
    Of lemons piled

In a jar.

Smell them, I think
They're about
  To act up

I can tell by  
Their smell
  Gasoline and
  chemicals,

should be a tart and tangy
Citrus smell
Bite in,
  crunchy

And no
 Taste at all
 

Fakes, fakes
    Everywhere

What do you know
  Now fake lemons

In a jar.
Full
 

To the dead ahead
  position
It's a pile of
  Ladies' magazines

I don't need
to peek
  I already know
What's inside

How to
Look Really Nice
For Your
Man
(or For
    Your Lady)  
 
Are you
Getting
Enough

 

Sleep?
 

Here's one
On a different
  s
    l
      a
        n
          t

Tasty items
   Oozing
Out

Listen to
  the sizzle
In the
  pan

Tell by
        the smell
Hamburgers.

I'm drifting
Off
MacDonald's is
 Calling me now

What newsletter

 
Oh 
Yes  

Chocolate Pie

  For Desert
_ _ _
 - Photos and Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

 



- I'm linked with at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Bits Of Inspiration ~ Mixed Media Arthttp://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/05/bits-of-inspiration-mixed-media-art.html

 - I mix more senses than art but I do have text and photos.
 - Mrs. Jim made this Chocolate Pie. She gave a couple of slices to our younger daughter and SIL.  We still have half of it left.
 - For real I was working on a weekly newsletter--I decided to use the surrounding 'stuff' as subjects for my "Artistic Interpretation".  Weird?
.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, May 19, 2017 5:59:00 AM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

That's a great s
l
a
n
t
on the prompt Jim.

 
At Friday, May 19, 2017 6:19:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice!!! Jim

Much love...

 
At Friday, May 19, 2017 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Wow!!❤️ Love, love, love this playful take on the prompt, Jim!❤️

 
At Friday, May 19, 2017 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

This was fun! It is so quirky to know how we are surrounded by so many things and yet for large periods of time they are given little thought. Thanks for writing for the prompt!!

 
At Friday, May 19, 2017 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I love the layout, Jim, and the fake lemon attack on the senses! I totally agree about ladies' magazines, though :) but I feel taunted by the chocolate pie!

 
At Friday, May 19, 2017 3:55:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

I think you have made me ready for dinner! You have awakened our senses for sure!

 
At Saturday, May 20, 2017 9:01:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think I do prefer the real of a hamburger to the false of a magazine... nicely penned

 

Post a Comment

<< Home