Saturday, June 06, 2015

Flower Expossion today, a mini one


Keeping Aunt Minnie Cheery 

Aunt Minnie whom we had loved so dearly 
Now she is R.I.P.  We have her desk 
Aunt Minnie must have kept some flowers there
For sure we will keep it looking pretty

Walk to Harwich

Today we walked, paths and streets to Harwich 
Along the way a lone orange poppy 
standing tall, reminded me, V E Day 
One may pluck it, for sure it won't be me
_ _ _

Photo and Poem copyright 2015, 
© jimmiehov, all rights reserved
 

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, June 06, 2015 5:26:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I will not be able to return comments today. Internet is at a premium here in my 'jail'.
But I would lov your left here for later reading. Thank you all.
..

 
At Saturday, June 06, 2015 6:52:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

This made me think of a bombing plane called Minnie or Minnie the Moocher, I guess--I checked it--in the RAF. I really liked your last stanza so much--I would be like you there--the poppies always so sad. Thanks. k. (Manicddaily)

 
At Saturday, June 06, 2015 8:26:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

A beautiful tribute.. loved the heart-warming sentiments.. may she rest in peace..!

 
At Saturday, June 06, 2015 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I like your "mini" explosions! :)

 
At Saturday, June 06, 2015 11:22:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

A day to remember.. 6th of June is also our National day (but we lack a real reason)

 
At Sunday, June 07, 2015 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, such a beautiful tribute. I love the fact you cherish Aunt Minnie's desk. It is so nice to have a bit of her with you. Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge.

 
At Monday, June 08, 2015 5:33:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Sorry that the link to Susie's instructions is messed up. I'll fix it when I am able.
Jim
..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home