Saturday, May 09, 2015

Yellow Bananas - Sunday's Mini Challenge Poem

Yellow Bananas

To refrigerate or not
People spend their lives
trying to decide
Meantime fruit rots in its bag

Small things like this take our time
Can't make up our minds
Trying to decide
Life should go on, prudent be
Important things take astride
Speckled fruit still good to eat

- - -

Poem copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
  
 - I am linked with Heaven, a.k.a. Grace,  at the Real Toads, "Sunday's Mini-challenge: Jane Hirshfield" where we were introduced to the poet, Jane Hirshfield.
 - Grace's challenge is to "write a new poem or prose poem inspired by the title, verse or style by Jane Hirshfield. I chose Hirshfield's poem, Green-Striped Melons found in the Real Toad's posting link above.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:27:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I love my bananas a little speckled, but do not buy more than I could eat within a week, wonderful,

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2015 2:08:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

These small things ARE important! (*Grin*)

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:54:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Its the small things that really matter :D
Beautifully penned..!
xoxo

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2015 6:39:00 AM, Blogger Grace said...

Those speckled skin can be deceiving ~ As long as its ripe, its fine with me ~ They don't last long in my house though :-) Thanks for participating Jim & wishing you happy weekend ~

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2015 8:29:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Sometimes, I guess, we focus on the trivial because its outcome is less threatening than the big problems. I guess it is the ostrich syndrome.
I like this Jim. It seems fun at first but holds a deeper meaning.

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2015 11:16:00 AM, Blogger ZQ said...

Cute... true... well done!
ZQ

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2015 4:24:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this, Jim!

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2015 9:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always think I'll get around to making banana bread with them, but I never do. I use the mushy ones for banana and peanut butter sandwiches, though.

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2015 11:33:00 PM, Blogger grapeling said...

I freeze them and use them in fruit smoothies ~

 
At Monday, May 11, 2015 9:32:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

You are very right--we are too much dissipated in small things--though some people take their bananas very seriously! I personally am happy with even rather overripe or rather green fruit--my problems arise when someone is saying yes, we have no bananas! Thanks for charming poem. k.

 
At Monday, May 11, 2015 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

We do over think things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home