Friday, April 03, 2015

Crying Song -- Day 3 of NaPoWriMo 2015


I cry when I'm alone

I cry when I'm alone
You've been gone so long, so long
Since you left I sing no song
You know how I cry
I cry when I'm alone

I cry when I'm alone
My cup has run dry, run dry
Can't get past, don't want to try
You know how I cry
I cry when I'm alone

I cry when I'm alone
I wait for you to come back
My system's been out of whack
You know how I cry
I cry when I'm alone
 
I cry when I'm alone
Baby, I don't eat, don't eat
The dog cries, misses her treat
You know how we cry
We cry when we're alone

I cry when I'm alone
I cry for you all the day
"Come back," every night I pray
You know how I cry
I cry when I'm alone

I cry when I'm alone
Our love shouldn't end this way
I love you still, even more
Do you love me some 
And cry when you're alone

Baby, please come home, come home

 
 _ _ _
 
Photos and Song/Poem Copyright
© 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 
- NaPoWriMo 2015 is a project to write a poem every day in April, National Poetry Month.  I am not sure that I will write one every day, we will see.
 - Today I'm linked with Fireblossom's piece, "Fireblossom Friday: Sing It, Toads," continuing with Day 3 of Poems in April at the
Imaginary Garden with Real Toads  and also Week Two Countdown: Day 3 of NaPoWriMo 2015
 - Fireblossom wants us to Write an original NEW song lyric.  She is an excellent singer and does write some of her own songs.  For sure I cannot match that, I've even been told to leave, not sing, in a church choir. 
 - My 'song' might be C&W, but since I can't sing, I am not sure.  I tried going along with it and the song does sing a little on its mournful own.
 

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Friday, April 03, 2015 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Buddah Moskowitz said...

Excellent - I can hear it now on a late night AM radio station, me listening and nodding my head in agreement.

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This could be a really great song, Jim. The tempo is well-measured and the rhyme and repetition just enough to create the melody.

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

La, la, la ... I'm dreaming the tune!

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

You have captured the rhythm and mood of a country song very well, Jim. I love the photo of your beautiful dog.

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 1:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed this... Though sad, of course! And don't sell yourself short! This is good! *smile*

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 4:40:00 PM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

This is really good, Jim!

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 4:47:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Makes me remember "I've got tears in my ears from laying on my back and crying over you." A good crying in your beer song, Jim :)

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 4:59:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Ah, so much crying when I'm alone...I do it too. This is a country tune.

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 6:29:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

Blessed Easter, Dr & Mrs Jim :)

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 6:54:00 PM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Oh gosh, this is some real Texas crying in your beer music! (which I happen to love). It's simple, as many of the best songs are, and sticks with its theme from start to finish. The dog lines were extra cool.

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 6:58:00 PM, Blogger grapeling said...

ah, I love pups ~

 
At Friday, April 03, 2015 8:52:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I think you did a wonderful job! And I like the illustrations, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home