Saturday, March 14, 2015

A National Pi Day Poem (March 14) for 2015 -- a Challenge Poem


Today I Have Some Apple Pie;
leftover, part of nine inch pie
(a Pi Day Poem)
 
Three by four and a half inches
That's what my leftover pie is
Apple pie, alamode, my choice
When no ice cream I'll take some cheese
  
Now let's see how much pie I have
Four and a half is radius
Circumference is 2 times pi
Times the radius.  That's 30
 
Three inches at the top, which means
My piece is one tenth of the pie
Leftover apple pie I love
Love my host as well, nice neighbor
 
Circumference   =   2 • π • radius
_ _ _ _
 
 - Photos and Poem Copyright © Photos and Poems 2015, Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
_ _ _ _
 
 - International Pi Day, 3-14-2015, reading here (remember pi, aka π - also 3.1416....)
 - Circle formulas here (spheres also, aren't you glad my pie wasn't a sphere)
 
- Today I'm linked today with
 

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, March 14, 2015 4:12:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Apple Pi ... sounds good, Jim

 
At Saturday, March 14, 2015 5:35:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Nice!! I like your tribute to Pi day!! :)

 
At Saturday, March 14, 2015 8:09:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha. I always like pi day--very good on the cross words! And you handle very well. I am so sorry about your friend.

I wrote on my blog to you, but will repeat here--better not to read a late Pratchett as he had alzheimer's disease at the end of his life, and though he kept writing (remarkably), the late books are not nearly so good as middle books. I'd start with Guards Guards or Wyrd Sisters or Going Postal. k.

 
At Sunday, March 15, 2015 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Artsy said...

Your words are so clever! You're creative as well as mathematical. My husband and I also love apple pie.We had no pie today. I bet there were many Pie/Pi parties today. I would have loved to have hosted one. I will in 100 yrs.

 
At Sunday, March 15, 2015 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Artsy said...

Oh Jim, that's me above. So the comment above is from your friend gel.

 
At Sunday, March 15, 2015 1:10:00 PM, Blogger Susie Hovendick Chan said...

I like my pi in the sky.

 
At Monday, March 16, 2015 5:34:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

It was the Mathematicians' day on 14 March every year, Dr Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home