Sunday, February 22, 2015

Birds in my Forest -- a Challenge Poem

Pine Warbler

 
Yellow-rumped Warbler

Birds in my Forest

Many birds are in my forest,
Let me tell you about my three
Killer Jane annihilates rest
Bonnie Sue hides up in her tree
 
That leaves for you my Marilee
Workaholic, she watches all
Savior of the world, help at call
 

Downy Woodpecker
_ _ _

Poem Copyright, ©  2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 Photos courtesy of Margaret with her request/permission
 
Today I am linked with Margaret at the Real Toad's Play It Again, Toads! #14 poetry blog.
 
It is Fireblossom Friday's February, 2014 Challenge (here) for my replay. "Today we're going to try the Rhyme Royal. It's pretty simple, really."The rhyme scheme is a-b-a-b-b-c-c. You can write seven-line stanzas, or you can break it up as a tercet and two couplets, like this: a-b-a, b-b, c-c. OR as a quatrain and a tercet, like this: a-b-a-b, b-c-c." (I chose this second form in Iambic tetrameter:.)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, February 22, 2015 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

a sweet poem...I've also used all these three images....

 
At Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:23:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh I love how you went all the way and gave them their rightful names

 
At Monday, February 23, 2015 12:01:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

a tender pen, Jim ~

 
At Monday, February 23, 2015 7:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great capture of their personalities.

 
At Monday, February 23, 2015 7:48:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Cute! (In answer to your comment on mine: I wasn't much of a praying child, nor very sentimental about animals, but I did have a sense even then that all living things matter.)

 
At Monday, February 23, 2015 5:41:00 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Very nice Jim ~ I like how you gave them names & character ~ I dream of having a bird feeder its not possible as I live in the city and the squirrels are plenty ~ Take care ~

 
At Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:42:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Honestly, they do start to develop personalities and characterizations as one watches them daily. Well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home