Sunday, February 01, 2015

Rewind -- a Flash 55 Poem


Rewind

Oh to feel young again, her sigh
Thoughts of birds in the trees
Flowers in the garden
Wearing sixteen bees
 
I'd like to run with the wind
Chase a butterfly, fall and get skinned
I'll beg your pardon
If I land on your toe
 
Please don't let me cry
Just wanna go. And go

 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
 
Poem Copyright,
© 2015 Jimmiehov,
All Rights Reserved

 
Rhyme scheme:
 . . a – b – c – b –
 . . d – d – c – e –
 . . a - e 

I'm linked with Kerry O'Connor at the Real Toads, FLASH 55 PLUS

Kerry's instructions:  " Write a piece of poetry or prose on a subject of your choice in precisely 55 WORDS ."  She suggested a line word count and a rhyme scheme for a form she has devised.  I used the rhyme scheme but not her word count.  I did end up with 55 words counting the title.

LOL (Little Old Lady) picture from a friend's Facebook

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At Sunday, February 01, 2015 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I read recently that adulthood is a myth - we remain children forever. The rhyme scheme worked really well in this poem, Jim.

 
At Sunday, February 01, 2015 7:00:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think we need to be children at all ages.. running with the sun and chasing butterflies sounds like a great way to spend a day. Much better than other grown-up toys that tend to burn fuel, and money.

 
At Sunday, February 01, 2015 7:21:00 AM, Blogger Grace said...

Sure, keep the child in you alive and just go...and go ~ I believe its a matter of attitude ~

 
At Sunday, February 01, 2015 8:58:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

"Wearing sixteen bees..." such a sweet image.

 
At Sunday, February 01, 2015 3:56:00 PM, Blogger Other Mary said...

Ah, youth is wasted on the young...as Shaw once said.

 
At Monday, February 02, 2015 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Must be this wistfulness in the air, because my poem also dealt with youth and aging. I will keep this verse close to my heart as spring comes. It is never too late to appreciate one's youth, even if it is passed!

 
At Monday, February 02, 2015 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Nice, Jim. I like the end especially.

 
At Monday, February 02, 2015 2:40:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Me too! At least I want to make some sense in all my movement. My ADHD has me going, but nowhere mostly. lol

 
At Monday, February 02, 2015 5:12:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Excellent.

 
At Wednesday, February 04, 2015 7:36:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

I wouldn't mind wearing sixteen bees! Only I'd like to wear them at a bit of a distance! Ha. Thanks, Jim. k. (http://manicddaily.wordpress.com)

 
At Wednesday, February 04, 2015 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the subtle nature related words you use in this because it brought out the nature of a human being a bit more. We often stumble and fall at certain times, and I liked how you portrayed this.

 
At Wednesday, February 04, 2015 3:28:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

Everyone is always young at heart, Dr & Mrs Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home