Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Weird - Tuesday Platform


Lost Puppy;
I might be weird
.
This puppy is lost, well perhaps I'm not
Often though I feel lost, a little weird
Happy I am but sense cannot be bought
I bark at dogs, quack with ducks, cows have sneered

Some response I always get, never feared
Give me a bone, I'll howl, my neck you scratch
Please someone, take me home before I hatch

- - - - -

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, ©  2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

 - Another Rhyme Royal, Iambic Pentameter, rhyme scheme is a-b-a-b-b-c-c.

 - Today I'm linked with the
Real Toads, The Tuesday Platform: Stay Weird Edition (link)
where Marian told of being or feeling weird according to Graham Moore, when accepting the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Imitation Game, February 22, 2015. He said this:
 - "I would like for this moment to be for that kid out there who feels like she’s weird or she’s different or she doesn’t fit in anywhere. Yes you do. I promise you do. Stay weird. Stay different, and then when it’s your turn, and you are standing on this stage, please pass the same message along."
 - Marian further said to us, "we have created a safe space for all to share our poems and to feel safe in being exactly who you--WE--are. Fly your freak flag, friends. Pass it on."

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 04, 2015 3:22:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Not easy being lost and found like that. Hope for the lost puppies to find a home (but I would be a bad master...)

 
At Wednesday, March 04, 2015 5:17:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha! A very fun play here on the ugly duckling maybe-- but live this little dog quackig with ducks. The you scratch line very charming. Thanks. K

 
At Wednesday, March 04, 2015 8:39:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

This is inspirational fun. The idea of a puppy advertizing his attributes--not begging, not looking for pity, but wanting to be found. I hope he finds his forever weird home and companion. ♥

 
At Wednesday, March 04, 2015 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

How wonderful!!!! A fun poem.

 
At Wednesday, March 04, 2015 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

I enjoyed this--sometimes, we all feel like a lost pup i think

 
At Wednesday, March 04, 2015 1:17:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

This made me smile. I like it a lot! I cant remember the name of that little critter on my blog, Jim...........if I remember will let you know!

 
At Wednesday, March 04, 2015 8:04:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Ha. Very cute.

 
At Friday, March 06, 2015 5:16:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

This made me smile...I so enjoy being weird

 
At Saturday, March 07, 2015 7:00:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Cows have sneered! That's not very nice of them. Keep the faith, Jim! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home