Weird - Tuesday Platform
I might be weird
This puppy is lost, well perhaps I'm not
Often though I feel lost, a little weird
Happy I am but sense cannot be bought
I bark at dogs, quack with ducks, cows have sneered
Some response I always get, never feared
Give me a bone, I'll howl, my neck you scratch
Please someone, take me home before I hatch
- - - - -
- Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
- Another Rhyme Royal, Iambic Pentameter, rhyme scheme is a-b-a-b-b-c-c.
- Today I'm linked with the
Real Toads, The Tuesday Platform: Stay Weird Edition (link)
where Marian told of being or feeling weird according to Graham Moore, when accepting the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Imitation Game, February 22, 2015. He said this:
- "I would like for this moment to be for that kid out there who feels like she’s weird or she’s different or she doesn’t fit in anywhere. Yes you do. I promise you do. Stay weird. Stay different, and then when it’s your turn, and you are standing on this stage, please pass the same message along."
- Marian further said to us, "we have created a safe space for all to share our poems and to feel safe in being exactly who you--WE--are. Fly your freak flag, friends. Pass it on."