Friday, March 20, 2015

A 'Spoem' for you today -- Challenge poem

 [click on pictures for larger view -- use Back button to return]
.
Take a walk with me
 
Let's take a walk, Isle of Man beckons us (3)
Best offer ever, my ancestors' land (3)
No background check needed, I'll take what comes (4)
Dearest Laurie, I want your attention (4)
 
Invaluable experience, yours FREE (2)
Simplify development, walking's best (1)
Prevent your heart attack tricks (I love you) (3)
Take a walk on the Isle of Man with me (2)
 
 
 - - -
 
Photos and Poem Copyright © 2007, 2015 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved
 
Today I'm linked with 
 
 - Here is the definition: 
spoem (ˈspəʊɪm) - noun  (informal)
1.  a poem made up entirely from the subject lines of a different spam emails
2.  a random sequence of words inn the subject line of a spam email, generated to fool spam filters

 - My Spam box today only had nine e-mail messages, the first and last were not Spam as I had deleted it around midnight last night.  Most days I will get between 150 and 250 Spam e-mailings, sometimes even more
 - So I didn't have too much to work with.  The numbers in parentheses (x) denotes how many extra words in each line I used, i.e. were not within the Spam.  I changed tense or case and did NOT count that nor did I count changing the lady's name to Laurie.
 - I used the top and the bottom lines but they are not Spam.  We have visited Isle of Man and loved it.  My maternal grandfather's family (Corkhill) was from Isle of Man.  We talked with one Corkhill while there and found many, many more listed in the phone book.

 - For my blogging account of our visit to Isle of Man, click here

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, March 20, 2015 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Anything with Isle of Man in it I will like :) Nice! (I didn't see the 'from subject line" but went into the body of each).

 
At Friday, March 20, 2015 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is great, Jim. Much more intriguing - and far friendlier - than what Spam sends me!

 
At Friday, March 20, 2015 3:41:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Such is the best offer ever.. Love that walk in the Isle of Man.. (we should exchange spam... mine where just phishing mails)

 
At Friday, March 20, 2015 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Great job Jim. You weaved the spam into verse with ease. Love "take a walk on The Isle of Man",. Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge.

 
At Saturday, March 21, 2015 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Hey Jim--this is very clever--it actually is a favorite of yours and so great for this challenge--we are all walking in this Isle of Man. (Yes, I know it's a real one--a tax haven!) Ha. Thanks. k.

 
At Saturday, March 21, 2015 8:29:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Walk with me regardless of criminal record. All I want is to take care of your heart.

Dearest Jim, you have arranged your spam in the most profound of ways. ♥

 

Post a Comment

<< Home