Thursday, March 26, 2015

Raring to go, Spring is here #1 ~~ a Challenge Poem

 
Our Bags are Packed
 
Our bags are packed, my Pony is ready
The flowers are blooming, we are raring
Raring to go West, flowers are bluest
Texas Bluebonnets beckon, pictures please
 
I'll bring my love, park her in the middle
In the middle of the blue bonnet field
We won't be alone, others there gather
Wait 'til the sun is setting, flowers fade
 
Meanwhile bide our time, walking hand in hand
In the morning the spring dew awaits us
Spring dew, Winter's frost freshened just for us
Top-down day again, off to next fresh start

 
Photo and Poem Copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved
 
Today I am linked with Herotomost at The Real Toads, ....An Old Man's Fancy There Corey invited us to write poetry to the spring.  We've had spring here in Southeast Texas ever since February ended.  Yes, our Texas Bluebonnets are out.
 
The Ford Mustang is my retirement gift to me, I call it an old man's four-wheeled motorcycle.  It is a 1998, now 17 years old and has 102K miles.  It was two years old with 50K when I rescued my little pony from a little old lady.
 
I also have my Mom's, a 1974 Mustang II Ghia with 78K miles.
The beagle is my Adi Jane, my love and BF.  Adi died in November, 2013. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, March 27, 2015 9:53:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

How nice to meet the spring with the wind in your hair.. to drive to fields were the sky seemed to have settled on the ground.. No such bliss here yet..

 
At Friday, March 27, 2015 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top down day again, off to next fresh start - wonderful. I'd love to see those Bluebonnets. Enjoy.

 
At Friday, March 27, 2015 1:43:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This poem certainly contains the energy of springtime. Thanks for sharing a view of your world.

 
At Friday, March 27, 2015 1:55:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Beauty in this spring day of favorites...thank you for sharing, Jim!

 
At Friday, March 27, 2015 6:25:00 PM, Blogger sgreerpitt said...

Jim, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I had actually stopped in and read some of your poems just a few weeks ago, but did not leave any comments at the time...community college teaching has changed a lot in the last decade...the shift to on-line classes removes a lot of what I used to enjoy about teaching...I am beginning to look forward to retirement in just about two more years...I'd like to spend more of my time writing for myself, and less time writing and re-writing lectures and materials for on-line classes...maybe some gardening too.
The flowers in your photos are gorgeous, at the moment snow is falling again in eastern Kentucky after two really lovely weeks of spring, but the cold should be gone again soon and the flowers will start blooming here too!

 
At Friday, March 27, 2015 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

So sorry for Adi's death (even though a while ago.) My brother lives in East Texas and I've seen the blue bonnets--they are so pretty and here the way you connect the morning dew and the melt of winter is especially charming. Thanks, Jim, hope you are enjoying spring--sounds like it! k.

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:22:00 PM, Blogger grapeling said...

not many California wild flowers this spring - too hot already, and dry. cool pen and pics, Jim ~

 
At Sunday, March 29, 2015 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Herotomost said...

Like us, your spring does come early...lol. It is nice. I love both of those cares, big pony fan. That is my kind of spring!!! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home