Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Words Count


An Old Ford
 
An old flathead Ford
original, most
Alternator now
generator then
It makes twelve volts now
was six volts back when
 



Back in the 30's
up 'til '53
This one's a fifty-
one Ford pickup truck
Original most
color is two-ten
 
Cruising down Main Street
on Saturday night
Wife and dog up front
with the kids in back

_ _ _
 
Poem Copyright 2014, © Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 
Today I am linked (link) with Moma Zen at the Real Toads, Words Count
 
Notes: (1) We are to use 60 word, no more, no less.  Mine has 60 with the title.
.......... (2) This pickup not mine but it is for sale. 
.......... (3) I have two old Fords, a 1950 Ford Custom 2-door and a 1974 Mustang Two Ghia.  Plus my driving car is a 1998 Ford Mustang GT convertible. (Mustangs)(1950 Ford)

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:37:00 AM, Blogger Other Mary said...

So, are you implying that your vehicles are fossils?

 
At Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:25:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

You and I might qualify as fossils in more than a few folks' frames of reference ~ as does this way cool pickup! Big smile!

 
At Friday, July 25, 2014 8:14:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

So would you consider this car to be an old fossil?

 
At Friday, July 25, 2014 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Bodhirose said...

Laughing at the previous comments! Well I like beautifully preserved old cars. That baby blue Ford pickup was made the year I was born...hard for me to believe...

 
At Friday, July 25, 2014 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I learned to drive in a truck like that!

 
At Friday, July 25, 2014 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I love old cars...I think of them as pieces of art. On your question about the little hearts...they certainly could be Native Americans, but I was referring to the children who are coming across the border into Texas.

 
At Friday, July 25, 2014 5:34:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

This particular blue shade is very nice, Dr & Mrs Jim :)

 
At Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:10:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

A whole slew of old gems drove by me yesterday - so very different that anything made today. I really did have the same reaction I had when I was walking the beach with amazing shells - Just overjoyed with the beauty before my eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home