Friday, July 18, 2014

Another me? (and another selfie)

My Other Me 

Is he merely brash and imposing
a sorry imposter of myself
Is he real, a mean and threatening man
one who's stolen my identity 

Not the man on the moon far away
far, in another world of his own
My friend saw him only yesterday
smiling on her TV she had said 

Did he have a beard, all shiny white
A lawyer telling his client's plight,
lady accused of killing her man,
who ran him down with her Mercedes? 

That was the one, but he isn't me
He's rich and famous, celebrity
People get us confused all the time
My doppelgänger I've never met 

- - - - - -
 
Pictures and Poem Copyright, © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 [click on a picture for a larger sized view]
In case you wonder, the bottom one REALLY is ME.
 
Today I'm linked (link) with the
Real Toads, Fire Blossom Friday
 
She said, "I want you to write about the other you. What if you had married X instead of Y? What if you had chosen a different path in life? If you had a hundred chances at living this life you're in, what might one of those lives be like? I ask only that your alternate self be possible; maybe not likely, but at least possible."

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Friday, July 18, 2014 12:49:00 PM, Blogger 21 Wits said...

Oh you had me with the first photo. Bravo and beware that doppelganger too! Hehehe!

 
At Friday, July 18, 2014 12:49:00 PM, Blogger 21 Wits said...

Hehehee!

 
At Friday, July 18, 2014 1:29:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I love how sometimes, rarely, our friends and business acquaintances see us how we want them to see and would like to see ourselves.

 
At Friday, July 18, 2014 2:25:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

This made me smile - "people get us confused all the time"...Good one, Jim!

 
At Friday, July 18, 2014 6:02:00 PM, Blogger Gail said...

I have often wondered about my doppelganger.

I met the old me and she's a little different now. Oh, the dreams I had.

 
At Friday, July 18, 2014 7:36:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Excellent story woven into the middle there...the drama!! :)

 
At Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your attitude, Jim, that he must be "a sorry imposter" or identity thief ~ never give up your true self! great take on the prompt!

 
At Saturday, July 19, 2014 9:05:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Love the humor... I am not sure I would want to meet the other me. lol

 
At Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:34:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

HaHa! This is so funny, Dr Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home