Saturday, July 05, 2014

Flash Fiction 55


Fifty-five proof 

I'd sip it from a Liqueur Glass
And not swig it down like the clown
The village clown who sits and swigs
He swigs his gin like I'd drink beer 
But I won't even swig my own
anise-flavored Absenthe cause
I'm a tea-totaler straight, a Hill
Billy Boy from the Bible Belt

- - - - - -
 
Picture and Poem Copyright, © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved.

 
[The picture is my 'screen print' from the Wikipedia linked Absenthe word in the poem]
Today I'm linked with Mama Zen  at the Real Toads, Flash Fiction 55 (link)

-- M.Z's. instructions were:  "Give me something hot and fresh in 55 words; no more, no less."  I did use ONLY 55 words, title included, counted by Microsoft Word.  The logo I used is from her post at the Real Toads link.
 
-- Today's poem is entirely fiction, not one iota relates to ME.

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Saturday, July 05, 2014 4:06:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Tea indeed!

 
At Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Ah, the good old Bible Belt. They do have great tea. But it is even better spiked. ;).

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 4:04:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

What fun, Jim!

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 4:21:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Wow! 55 words exactly, Dr Jim :)

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 7:46:00 AM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Coca-cola for me, too, Jim. I want you to know that I was tickled that you compared my wampus cat to Mustang Sally. I think she would have approved.

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Another Bible Belt tea-totaler here!

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

straight edge. i'm no bible-belter but am a late-blooming tea-totaler. or is that tee-totaler? *running off to look*

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Coffee and fruit juice for me. I'm kind of watchful of most drinks that look radioactive.

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 5:35:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I enjoyed this, Jim!

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 7:09:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I'm guessing we aren't going to have a chat over a few beers? Smiles, Jim!!

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2014 10:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! Thanks, k.

 
At Tuesday, July 08, 2014 12:15:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Hi Dr & Mrs Jim :)

WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobile messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. WhatsApp Messenger is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia and yes, those phones can all message each other! Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends.

In addition to basic messaging WhatsApp users can create groups, send each other unlimited images, video and audio media messages :)

 
At Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:58:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I too reside in the Bible Belt, but I imbibe :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home