Friday, June 20, 2014

China sans pictures

China Things I Remember;

I have pictures but none to show
Been there and memories suffice
Climbed the Wall, sailed the dirty Yangtze
Ate the dumplings and lots of "pork"
.
Twenty-one days of my life spent
Spent there amongst the yellow race
Talked with teens in the Metro rail,
practicing their English on us
.
I remember most the boat cruise
Lijiang River, Guilin, China
With the Haystack hills protruding
They cooked us a meal on the boat
.
Toilets on the floor in the back
men's and women's, butts off the floor
Wine for sale, snake in the bottle
My pictures I'll find, not today
.



Li River Cruise Boats--our boat was larger (Photo credit, courtesy of Wikipedia at http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/77/The_Li_River.jpg/800px-The_Li_River.jpg )

Poem Copyright, © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Today I am linked with Hannah at the Real Toads, Friday Challenge 

Hannah wants us to share some things concerning China in a poem.  My visit there would have been better sharing if I had pictures of our visit.  Unfortunately I do but they aren't digital and are not in a book.  Some shoe box tucked away hides them for now.

So, yes, I've been to China, it was on my retirement bucket list.  We did most of the things tourists do, visited the Terracotta Warriors, saw the Panda Bears too, shopped the open and covered markets, rode in a rickshaw, visited in a home, walked over Tiananmen Square, and a whole lot more.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Saturday, June 21, 2014 3:41:00 AM, Blogger audrey` said...

Lots of "pork"... We aren't fans of Miss Piggy. Hee! Hi Dr & Mrs Jim! :)

 
At Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:57:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

have you really been to china? that was an amazing poem... id love to read more about the place... i hear its not so touristy!!

 
At Saturday, June 21, 2014 7:26:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

nice of you to share your memories with us Jim.

much love...

 
At Saturday, June 21, 2014 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Ella said...

Wow, you have written a postcard type poem-how fun to check off one item on the bucket list! I felt like I was seeing a movie clip. I am happy you were able to visit~ I dream of traveling again!

 
At Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:17:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I have scanned many an old photo - and using photoshop, they turn out better! I'd love to see the images you poetically speak of here!

 
At Saturday, June 21, 2014 3:02:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Let us know when you have your photos up.

 
At Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:45:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

How lucky to walk on The Wall.....I am also drawn to photos of the Mystic Mountains which look incredible........good one, Jim.

 
At Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:21:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I like the way this feels list-y and sparse...works for me and I'm grateful for the memories of china that you've shared.

Thank you for joining the challenge, Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home