Thursday, March 14, 2024

Van Gogh - a Poem for dVerse Open Link Night

.

Van Gogh’s painting “Window in the Studio” – painted in 1889

I

   Van Gogh Dilemma 

Van Gogh went round and round 
To bad his fuzzy math 

Had he remembered "pi" 
Might have stopped while he's sane 

Instead he stopped at top 
Thought his ear was to blame 

Whacked one off at its base 
Sharp knife felled it one swoop 

Simple the constant "pi" 
3 point one four to know 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2024, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Lillian at dVerse Open Link Night, here 
 - Click here to read other's writing today (3/14/2024) 

 - I have been writing for "pi Day" since 2011, here is a list that showed when I searched my blog for use of the word, 
..
 - * Below is My picture taken outside the infirmary where Van Gogh was staying after he had cut off his own ear.   For information of the photo below and more of our stay there in St. Remyclick here
  - Vincent van Gogh -- 30 March 1853 – 29 July 1890): 

[Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2006]
. .


Compare my photo above of the actual orchard with this 
one that I took of one of Gogh's paintings of the orchard. 

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, March 15, 2024 8:20:00 AM, Anonymous lillian said...

Ah yes.....the lopped off ear. How very sad this genius had such problems. What makes me smile though is this: if I painted the same haystack as many times as he did, I think I'd be going a little batty myself. Even when done at different times of day etc....it's still haystack after haystack. Ah....but I am being sacrilegious here to say such things.
Glad you posted to the prompt!

 
At Friday, March 15, 2024 10:01:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Yes... one ear off, (could it have been tinnitus?)

 
At Sunday, March 17, 2024 4:34:00 AM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

He was such a tragic figure... Well written, Jim.

Sincerely,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home