Thursday, February 15, 2024

the Dance -- a poem for Friday Writings and for dVerse Poetics

(previously posted January 30, 2024)

   Dance,  Dance 

Dance, dance, dance to the music 
Mind your step and partners too 
The count you're to he'll not do  
Two step is his with your waltz 

Dance, dance, dance to the music 
He tells of his dance lessons 
That was way back in college 
And he has forgotten most 

I dance with him any rate  
He's my husband--love conquers 
                  _ _ _  

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2024, All Rights Reserved 
- I am linked with Rosemary for hosting Friday Writings #114  at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/?m=1
   She offered us an optional prompt about "telling secrets".  I chose to post this one instead of it due to my time restraints.  It would have been enjoyable to write for it, in fact I did have a start.  
 - I'm also linked with Mish in dVerse Poetics for prompt and for hosting at 
 - To see others' works there, click here 
..

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 31, 2024 9:02:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

It always takes practice but that dance should be fun

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2024 10:22:00 AM, Anonymous Mish said...

Yes! Love can make those moves look very good. :)

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2024 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Kim said...

I taught my husband to waltz - but he prefers to pogo!

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2024 10:35:00 AM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Ha, true! Love does conquer.

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2024 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

OH COME NOW ~~~ I know you are stepping all over her toes.
Cheers.

 
At Friday, February 16, 2024 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Marja said...

Ah great and nothing better than to dance the night away

 
At Friday, February 16, 2024 1:34:00 AM, Anonymous Rajani said...

After that catchy first line...I found myself trying to sing the rest of the poem!!! But my singing is like that man's dancing :)

 
At Friday, February 16, 2024 3:23:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

With me it was the other way around: I was the hopeless dancer. Yes, a loving spouse will tolerate.

 
At Friday, February 16, 2024 7:28:00 AM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

What good fortune to have someone to dance with throughout life.

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2024 7:14:00 AM, Blogger Brother Ollie said...

Keep dancing Jim, and keep the poems coming!

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2024 7:50:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

The poem has a beat beat beat for dancing!

 
At Friday, February 23, 2024 7:08:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I like the rhythm of this poem, Jim. So much depends on who you are dancing with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home