Monday, February 05, 2024

Imagine - a Poem for dVerse Quadrille

        Imagine


When I was a little boy

I could not imagine things

Other children could do that

Had imaginary friends 


My little sister did well

Age of two she had a friend

His name was “Two Year Old Kid”

At three his name didn't change 

                 _ _ _ 

 -  Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehove 2010 (URL) and 2024
 - I am linked with Lisa at dVerse Quadrille #194, at            
 https://dversepoets.com/2024/02/05/come-play-with-me/
 for the prompt word, "imagine".  Here at dVerse our Quadrille form has only 44 words not counting the title, if any
 - Click here to read what other folk have written using this prompt word 

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 06, 2024 4:20:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Your quadrille made me smile, Jim.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2024 7:06:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

It must be nice to be an imagined big sister.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2024 11:43:00 AM, Anonymous lillian said...

Love this! I never had an imaginary friend and was jealous of my good friend who did. I couldn't figure out how to have one! But I used my imagination in many other ways. I guess hers just seemed so real that I couldn't conjure up a real imaginary friend?

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2024 12:08:00 PM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

That's so interesting, Jim. I'd never thought about being jealous of kids with imaginary friends...

Sincerely,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2024 1:25:00 PM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Love this, Jim!

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2024 4:14:00 PM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

Jim, are you still close with that little sister? I'm glad she had an imaginary friend.

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2024 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

So cute! I don't remember having an imaginary friend either, although I was basically an only child as my brothers were many years older than I.
"At three his name didn't change." So funny!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2024 8:43:00 PM, Blogger Kim Glover said...

There's something so mysterious here; did his name EVER change? Was he modeled on someone? Inquiring minds want to know!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home