Monday, December 04, 2023


[Our back yard after our snowfall

 

    Let the Snow Fall, Please 


I was where I am when the snow began, softly first, with inklings of a bit more.  The holly trees with red berries were welcoming a little storm; they love to dance when surrounded by snow.


The last snow we had then was several years past; it only snows here, maybe once every ten years. I make my wish for the snow to come stay again. We are expecting only a tiff here and there, most times those never last the morn.


So for now the snow I get will be in memory only. I'm getting years, our daughter doesn't want us to go where snow is common; that's because I would want to drive.


My memory is good, pictures albums help, the album in my head is about as good. My youthful sled hanging on a hook helps me too. I am ready.

_ _ _


 - Photos and Prose Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved

- I am linked with Merrill D Smith, at dVerse Prosery, Winter is Coming 

    https://dversepoets.com/2023/12/04/prosery-winter-is-coming/ 

 - Merrill has asked us to write not more than 144 words, mine is exactly 144 words long, excluding the title.  We were to include these words, "I am where I am when the snow began."  They were from a poem, "TheDead of Winter" by Samuel Menashe, found here.

 - The pictures are of our backyard, the snowy one the time it snowed and the snow stayed a while. 

- Click here to read what other writers have written

.

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Monday, December 04, 2023 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

Lovely memories, Jim. I like the image of the holly berries dancing in the snow.

 
At Monday, December 04, 2023 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Di said...

Lovely, your yard looks so nice with the snow.

 
At Monday, December 04, 2023 5:44:00 PM, Blogger Dwight L. Roth said...

I can see you are a real snow lover, Jim. I understand that completely. Yes we would want to drive in the snow. I loved going out the morning after and taking photos before it was disturbed! Well done. Beautiful home!

 
At Monday, December 04, 2023 5:59:00 PM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

Jim, wouldn't you like to go sledding again? I enjoyed your story very much.

 
At Monday, December 04, 2023 9:13:00 PM, Anonymous Dora said...

Wonderful memories are a treasure but I hope it does snow, Jim, for your sake. Keep that sled polished!

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2023 1:12:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Hang on to those picture albums.
Thanks for dropping by my blog

Much♡love

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2023 2:15:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I agree, snow brings back so many memories, but it is probably safer to remember than to go out in the snow...

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2023 2:37:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I love the flash of red in the dancing holly berries, Jim, and that you have good memories – and your ‘youthful sled hanging on a hook’.

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2023 5:25:00 AM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

Well... better safe than sorry, no?

Much love,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2023 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Ready. Set. Go! Shall we? Cheers.

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2023 7:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well remember some of those snowfalls we had in Nebr. And some ice storms.

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2023 7:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure did not like getting caught in town either, Ione!!!

 
At Friday, December 08, 2023 5:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, cousin, for looking in here. And now other generations still have drifts to go through.
Jim
..
..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home