Monday, March 18, 2024

Army then -- a Poem for Quadrille #197

armycadets.com from Amazon gun ad

  War stories 

Getting old now

loves telling tales

Army stories

are his forte


No war for him

guns on the rack

Not shooting range

Score penciled in


Sharpshooter him

Medal to prove

Wore alongside

Good Conduct pin


Did Radar man

once shoot that gun


Basic Training

_ _ _


 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2024, All Rights Reserved 

 - I am linked with De Jackson at dVerse Quadrille #197 for hosting, 
    she asked us to Write a Quadrille poem, 44 words in length and to use her chosen prompt word, "sharp
    Click here to read some others work, same instructions 
.. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Monday, March 18, 2024 6:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the staccato feel of this, almost like a gun, shooting the words our way.

de

 
At Monday, March 18, 2024 7:06:00 PM, Blogger Dwight L. Roth said...

A great poem, Jim. I love the story that goes along with it.

 
At Tuesday, March 19, 2024 3:18:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I agree about I like the staccato feel of your poem, Jim. It is like a gun shooting words.

 
At Tuesday, March 19, 2024 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I also agree with feeling the "bam bam bam" rhythm in your quadrille.

 
At Tuesday, March 19, 2024 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a couple of people whose sons have joined the Navy and Marines. This made me think of them. I hope they never have to shoot a gun in war…sigh…Truedessa

 
At Tuesday, March 19, 2024 1:29:00 PM, Anonymous Mish said...

I'm sure there are so many stories between your lines.....

 
At Tuesday, March 19, 2024 2:16:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Even myself spent some time in the army....

 
At Wednesday, March 20, 2024 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

I can only imagine all the stories... Must be a ton!

This is a very lovely write.

Sincerely,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home