Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Weekly Scribblings -- The Hunt, Little but Old

[click on picture for large, click again for very large picture]

 Hunkered Down 

I'm hunkered down not hidden very well 

Like a little bunny rabbit, real still 

You'll see me if you're looking really good 


Little but actually I'm very old 

My bones are brittle my joints are rusty 

A terrible stew not good for cooking 


Here with my friends violets and pansies 

Shaking in fear--good catch I wouldn't make 

Dust over blue terrible color too 


Please walk on by I'm not the one for you 


[click on picture for large, click again for very large picture]

- - - 

 - Poem and Photos Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2021 and 2009, All Rights Reserved 

 - 2009 link for story of the car find, another car and a couple of other photos as well,  https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2009/08/model-t-ford-garage-carportshed-find.html?m=1 

 - I am linked with Magaly Guerrero at The Weekly Scribblings #69,   https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2021/05/weekly-scribblings-69-of-hunt.html -- Magaly wanted us to write as the being/object being hunted.  I went with my friend John one Saturday morning in 2009 to find and see these cars.  He was in the market for a Ford Model T but did not buy this 1926 one, nor either of the other two which I had published in my 2009 posting.

.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:55:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Awww, what a gorgeous little car! A real cutie. I can quite believe the persona you gave it.

 
At Wednesday, May 12, 2021 9:38:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice one Jim
Happy Wednesday. Thanks for dropping by to read mine

Much💚love

 
At Wednesday, May 12, 2021 9:48:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

I loved your poem ... and the story of the garage/shed find!

 
At Wednesday, May 12, 2021 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Super interesting voice and personification, Jim. I can feel the dread of the old car... It makes me wonder why it's so fearful of being discovered (and probably restored). Maybe it doesn't want to lose the company of its blossoming friends.

 
At Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Hunting down those priceless old cars! I parked next to a premium '58 Olds yesterday, aqua and white. Boy, was I careful with my door opening. The owner was a guy a bit younger than me and so proud of his restoration.

 
At Wednesday, May 12, 2021 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

likened to a rabbit! I love that idea and "dust over blue". I understand if someone is looking for parts ... but if a full blown renovation - this would make a beauty!

 
At Wednesday, May 12, 2021 1:04:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Ah, he's all worn out. Just let him rust in peace.

 
At Wednesday, May 12, 2021 1:30:00 PM, Blogger Brother Ollie said...

Playful and funny Jim.

 
At Thursday, May 13, 2021 5:21:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

That was fun, Jim, and what an amazing old car!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home