Saturday, April 10, 2021

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day Ten - What

[ My photo -- Along South Africa  Highway ]


 Rain drops and door knobs 


You can hear the rain drops 

Falling on my tin roof 

I'm looking for something 

But I don't know what it is 

Not to keep the rain away 

Cause I kinda like it that way 


I'm looking for something 

but I don't know what it is 

Got doorknobs on my mind 

Looking through the drawer

Those doorknobs are in my head 

In my head and they won't go away 

Rain on my tin roof 

sweet music in my ear 

But I've got doorknobs in my head 


Doorknobs are turning now 

Turn one to let you in 

But close the door behind you 

We can't let the rain come in 

Its falling on my tin roof 

Noise louder than 

my washing machine 


Raindrops falling 

Doorknobs turning 

Washing machine 

Tin roof patter 

And you come in 


That's the melody 

Singing in my head 

No meaning to me 

Perhaps you'd better stay 


I'm looking for something 

But I don't know what it is 

 - - - 

 - Poem and Photo Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 

 - I'm linked with NaPoWriMo 2021 Day Ten,  https://www.napowrimo.net/day-ten-9/ 

 - I'm also linked with Magaly Guerrero for the Writer's Pantry #65https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/search/label/Writers%E2%80%99%20Pantry 

11 Comments:

At Sunday, April 11, 2021 1:21:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Curiouly I was surprised that we writers may be puzzled over this subject as there is always something else I want to write about and make my feelings felt...or to use your last two lines to search for a subject that you need to air your views.

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 1:56:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

That’s a lovely sound, raindrops on a tin roof, musical and often nostalgic. I prefer doorknobs to door handles because my sleeves always get caught on them, but the doorknobs in your poem are mysterious, Jim. I love the crescendo of sounds in:
‘Raindrops falling
Doorknobs turning
Washing machine
Tin roof patter
And you come in’.
I hope you’ve found what you were looking for.

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 2:43:00 AM, Blogger Hazel said...

As a forgetful pluviophile, I enjoyed your poem very much.

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 2:45:00 AM, Blogger Marja said...

Love this
Love the lines
"And you come in
That's the melody
Singing in my head" That's beautiful
and what to look for when you have the wonderful sounds of
Raindrops falling
Doorknobs turning
Washing machine
Tin roof patter

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 2:52:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I enjoyed the musicality of this. Perhaps we are all looking for something but don't know what it is? Whether it's the thing of, 'Oh, what did I come into this room for?' or the angst of a restless soul. Having someone who comes in and brings with them the melody that sings in your head, I think would make anything better.

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 3:35:00 AM, Blogger scotthastiepoet said...

Enjoyed this piece very much Jim, that sense of intuitively searching for more nourishment on behalf a deeply felt bond/emotion that glows within you that is tangible within. On first sight the notion of a 'doorknob perhaps not the most poetic of metaphors, but it works here - as a symbol of the door we all have (sometime open, sometime closed... ) to perception... Good stuff...

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Very nice to read. I love the idea of hearing the rain on the tin roof. Doorknobs did give me the idea of opening doors, or not, and what may be behind them, and what the narrator even wanted to find behind them. I couldn't make anything of that prompt!

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, your poems continue to delight .. this one no exception. Rain on a tin roof is a most delightful way to sleep. (unless hail is mixed in.

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Namratha said...

I felt that and it took me places.

 
At Sunday, April 11, 2021 3:03:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Given that many of us are in our later years, it is often we arrive at a room and forget whey we're there. I envy you the rain on the tin roof. I always loved that sound!

 
At Monday, April 12, 2021 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

Nice rain-patter sound effects...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home