Thursday, July 13, 2017

Ninth LIfe Poetry



My Tale of My Tail;
Cat with Nine Lives

There once was a cat who really did have nine lives
Grateful cuss, each death's new life credited a friend

Then one day, life of eight, his earthly time 'bout up
Before he was looking forward to happy times

But come life number nine he began counting down
Down to the very end, day there would be no more

_ _ _ _

 Photo and Poem Copyright © 2007 and 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

 - I'm linked to the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Bang, You're Dead,   http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/07/fireblossom-friday-bang-youre-dead.html
 - I'm also linked with Burned Food Dude at http://www.bfdude.com/?p=8864 who sponsors Feline Friday there. Sandee at Comedy Plus is his helper and also shows her cat selection at https://comedyplus.blogspot.com/2017/07/feline-friday_14.html

Notes: 
 1. Fireblossom want us to write our last message with death looming.
 2. The Cat is our daughter's "Amber".  Amber stayed with us for her last life which ended sometime during her 19th year on earth.  Amber was a rescue cat who led a good life. Picture from my other blog, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2007/04/cat-whisperer-and-cat-in-window.html
 3. I have blogged about having nine lives and nine near deaths before, on January 6, 2006 ( http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2006/01/my-nine-lives-or-my-near-death.html ).
.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Poorkitty, eventually time just runs out. I feel like i am on life number 9 myself!

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:31:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I feel for the cat, but maybe it was like going to rest.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2017 2:24:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

It is all in our minds of course as cats are natural killers, quick thinking and cope well in danger so they are survivors...but the day always comes eventually his life well lived.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2017 7:32:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Such a beautiful cat she was. I am glad she lived a long happy life with you and your family.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2017 3:51:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I'm coming back as a cat! :)

 
At Friday, July 14, 2017 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Sandee said...

At least Amber had a great life. I'm sure of it.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday. ☺

 
At Friday, July 14, 2017 5:16:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I am sure she's gone to kitty heaven :)

 
At Friday, July 14, 2017 8:31:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Sadly, that ninth life comes to an end. I have lost so many kitties, but I have precious memories of each one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home