Thursday, April 23, 2015

About Legs ― Day 23 of NaPoWriMo 2015

 . . Legs
.
She's got legs!  They're pretty ones too
Pretty legs, why I married her
Back in the short mini skirt day
Pretty legs were girl's best asset

Long, visible, others could peek
Just don't they dare to be staring
About my legs we didn't talk
Only female legs people see

It turned out good, we were in love
In love still now at eighty-nine*
Thing is, her cooking was keeper  
Those legs walk. A family part

*We are NOT age 89, the poet's wife and hubby are

- - -

Photo and Poem copyright © 2014 and 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

I am linked with at the Real Toads, Last Legs 

and 
NaPoWriMo 2015both for Day 23 of National Poem Writing Month

Per "We are on the last leg of National Poetry Month.  (The 23rd day!)"  So write about legs. I tried, and have a picture too. The  (Link about the young lady who has the longest legs in North America.) 
I like legs.  Longer the legs the better.  Generally they are the part that shows.  This young lady, pictured, has the longest legs in North America.  You click on the picture once and then once again so you can read the newsprint.  Your computer's "Back Button" will get you back here.
 
People don't appreciate the other purpose of legs until something bad happens.  Like a hip replacement or an artificial knee joint implant.  Mrs. Jim has the first, I have the latter.  We both walk pretty well, 30 minutes a day per doctors' orders.
 
One of my favorite songs is "She's Got Legs" by our own Houston group, ZZ Top.  I used to listen to them singing under the trees in the Houston parks back in the Hippie days.  Bands and singing groups were from tree to tree. 
_ _ _ _

ZZ Top song, first verse:

.."Legs"

She's got legs, she knows how to use them.
She never begs, she knows how to choose them.
She's holdin' leg wonderin' how to feel them.
Would you get behind them if you could only find them?
She's my baby, she's my baby,
yeah, it's alright ..."

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I've had that song stuck in my head ever since I read the prompt!

 
At Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is so sweet...! :D
Loved it!
Have a great week ahead :D

 
At Thursday, April 23, 2015 5:40:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha. Cooking may last longing than calves! Thanks, Jim. K.

 
At Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:25:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

nice one Jim

much love...

 
At Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah, once I had very good legs, and was one of the first women in Melbourne to start wearing a mini. Age,overweight and breaking my ankle twice over have rather finished that (so I have had to cultivate other qualities, lol).

 
At Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:43:00 PM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

a sweet poem & hmm...leggy lasses always look good :)

 
At Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:58:00 PM, Blogger Ella said...

Wow, she does have legs~ You remind me I have to keep to my morning walks, now that my furbaby has gone and left me-aka my son's hound! Take care

 
At Friday, April 24, 2015 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Other Mary said...

Well, I'm glad your wife had leg up on all the other gals for you affections. :o)
Love the ZZ Top lyrics too. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read the prompt.

 
At Friday, April 24, 2015 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Legs are made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do... ;)

 
At Friday, April 24, 2015 9:52:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Now, I am singing that song. lol I used to have long legs..not sure where they went. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home