Monday, April 13, 2015

shopping, a Limerick ― Day 13 of NaPoWriMo 2015

. . . [click on the picture to enlarge it, one or two times]

. . . The Lady Shopper

Lady fine goes to town, loves to shop
Nothing there that she knows she would cop
She likes to walk the aisles
Pretty things come from miles
Doesn't know what she wants 'til it drops
_ _ _ _
 
Photo and Poem Copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

 I am linked with Susie Clevenger 
, both for Day 13 of National Poem Writing Month
 Susie introduced a writer named Joan Didion (born December 5, 1934).  She is an American author best known for her novels and her literary journalism (Wikipedia).
 ― I chose this quote of hers to get me started: “I don't know what I think until I write it down.” ― Joan Didion
Right away it reminded me of this, familiar to me, quote:"I don't know what I need until I see it." ― Mrs. Jim (her favorite saying when she's shopping)

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Monday, April 13, 2015 5:47:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

:"I don't know what I need until I see it." ― Mrs. Jim must be related to my Mom.
Clever to do a limerick. Works well.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 5:47:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

This is such a fun piece. I am with Mrs. Jim about shopping. :) Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 5:54:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is so sweet..!! I loved how you describe it so fondly :D I guess all women feel the same way about shopping :D

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 6:22:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I like the way you used one quote to evoke another, and the limerick is a beauty!

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 7:07:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ah. Sweet. I am not much of a shopper--I tend to drop way too quickly, but I can certainly relate to this. k.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 7:35:00 PM, Blogger ZQ said...

Yup!
ZQ

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 9:06:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Women's truth - dont know what we need until we see it. This made me smile, Jim. And you go, Mrs. Jim! LOL.

 
At Monday, April 13, 2015 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Ella said...

Fun to read, Jim~ I found it playful and enjoyed your play on words.

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2015 1:38:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

ha~

 
At Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:55:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Luv it. I make lists. Wish I could stick to them though

Thanks for dropping in to read mine

Much love...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home