Wednesday, April 08, 2015

writing love poems, revisited -- Day 8 of NaPoWriMo 2015

Today we are to tell of a poem or other writing that we really didn't like, thought it was not good enough.  Back when I was writing with the One Single Impression poetry group a prompt was suggested by Melanie at Cassiopeia Rises  to write a LOVE POEM.  I had never written a love poem and from the start I really did not want to write one.

But to be a good sport, I went along with the prompt.  But I checked on how to write a love poem and what one should look like.  But to show HOW I decided what to write, I put the instructions I like best from my searching, then followed these instructions with the lines which follow that instruction.

Here is my completed love poem, first posting on June 03, 2010:  http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2010/06/one-single-impression-love.html
There were ten complementary comments with one making a punctuation suggestion.  Then again on August 18, 2014, I reposted it and got 12 nice comments ( http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2014/08/wrinkle-rewritten.html ). These comments boosted my confidence so with these instructions I will attempt to write another.  It is late, I may miss the mark a little or a lot tonight.

I will post the instructions I used at the bottom of this post.



To my very precious Love
 
When I first saw you, I thought,
"this lady I want to know"
 
That is when I dropped my kerchief
and you picked it up for me
 
We talked and I knew I must
see you some more. 
 
We met on that Friday night
and doted on some ice cream
 
It became a weekly affair and
soon it was clear to me that I loved you
 
Now I wouldn't want to miss a Friday
night again with you, ice cream perhaps
 
I do love with you with all my heart
Fridays nights and every night and day
 
I'd like to spend that time with you
Please would you spend yours with me?
 
I love you so dearly,
I hope we will never part
_ _ _

Now, the poem's directions:
Write a love poem
(here, written as a man telling a woman of his love for her)
1.  tell how you felt when first you saw her
2.  tell how you knew it was her you loved

3.  tell now about being with her
4.  are you happy with what you wrote, edit as necessary?
5.  discard thoughts that didn't fit
_ _ _
I love her
Photo and Poem Copyright© 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
Ooma mow mow
I am posted tonight with Marian at the Real Toads, Every Day I Write the Book for my Day 8 poem in conjunction with National Poem Writing Month.  Also I'm linked with Day 8 at the NaPoWriMo web site. 
Marian's instructions for this post I've written at the start above.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, April 09, 2015 12:43:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

very sweet, Jim ~

 
At Thursday, April 09, 2015 4:53:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Oh, lucky woman. Blessed man. Sweet love story.

 
At Thursday, April 09, 2015 5:51:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Yes, this is sweet. I find it fascinating to read about you looking up instructions about writing a love poem, resisted mightily by you! All of my poems are love poems. Every single one. Maybe it's all in how you define or frame "Love Poem."
:)

 
At Thursday, April 09, 2015 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

It really is a much better poem than the first one! :) (You've been practising your poetry writing, I can tell!)

 
At Thursday, April 09, 2015 1:06:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

This so special, Jim...what a great way to record these memories and emotions.

 
At Thursday, April 09, 2015 4:16:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

A very beautiful tribute! Loved the flow of the poem with vivid images that you painted so lovingly in her sweet memory. Shes a lucky lady :)
Thanks for stopping by!

 
At Thursday, April 09, 2015 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Super sweet, heart felt. Thanks for the lift. K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home