EASTER; a Flash 55 Plus Poem -- an Acrostic -- Day 5 of NaPoWriMo 2015
|Artist Unknown |
The Christ has Risen
Resurrection can save us from our sins
Can save if you'll believe
And pray to risen Christ
Now repent and pray to be forgiven
Save you from hell
And live in Heaven
Very short message
Everyone loved by God
_ _ _
© 2015 Jimmiehov All Rights Reserved
Photo from Kerry O'Connor's post, see below.
- NaPoWriMo 2015 is a project to write a poem every day in April, National Poetry Month. I am not sure that I will write one every day, we will see.
- Today I'm linked with Kerry O'Connor's piece, "FLASH 55 PLUS ," continuing with Day 5 of Poems in April at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads and also Day 5 of NaPoWriMo 2015
- Kerry's instructions are to "write a poem or piece of prose in precisely 55 words."
1. This Christian message (I am a Christian) comes from the Bible. The book of John, Chapter Three, Verse 16 (John 3:16) says,
"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) (Link)
Matthew 20:19, Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) (Link) says,
"Then they will hand Him over to the Gentiles to be mocked, flogged, and crucified, and He will be resurrected on the third day.”
3. Wikipedia, on Easter and he Celebration of the Resurrection: "Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus on Easter Sunday, two days after Good Friday, the day of his crucifixion. Easter's date corresponds roughly with Passover, the Jewish observance associated with the Exodus, that is fixed for the night of the Full moon near the time of the spring equinox." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_of_Jesus