Monday, April 20, 2015

What's in my name? ― Day 20 of NaPoWriMo 2015



Hunter is my name

My name is hunter, had it a long time
American name, meaning is hunter

A look at my soul edge, it's number eight
I'm not sure it fits but with it I'm stuck
To lead, organize, supervise, they fit
Status, power and wealth, not necessary

Expression number five fits me all ways
Change, adventure and excitement, my game
I've lived forty-seven changed places
And been to fifty states, scores of countries

Adventures, well,  ... rode a horse to high school
A hundred and sixty miles per hour,
Audubon was screaming for joy that day
Jumped the falls in Hawaii.  Does that count?

Hate the rules and norms of society
"Sign says" brings to mind time to argue it
Do this and don't do that, 'take off my shoes'
Put them on, wear a shirt.  Not when I'm told

"Tie and jacket required"  open shirt
Tie's alright here in my pocket.  Have it
"No Parking Here"  hang my blue sign and walk
"Keep off the Grass" means a shortcut for me

I'll know your age and where you were born
Before we part, though I'll forget your name
Energetic, intelligent I am
I've turned down Mensa folk for when I'm old

Restless, Untidy, that's my other name
Known for disheveled office, wasted space
Wash my cars in slowing rain, soon enough
Boxes and sacks are where I keep my things

Hunter's my name, it is, but only when
I might be called or paged, otherwise it's

Jim.  Hunter I chose, name that fits me well
_ _ _

Photos and Poem copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

I am linked with Björn Rudberg  at the Real Toads, What's your name?

and  NaPoWriMo 2015both for Day 20 of National Poem Writing Month
Notes:
1.  My real name is Jim, aka James and others.  But anytime someone who has not need to know asks for my name I tell him/her that it is "Hunter".  I adapted Hunter because I like the character, Hunter, so well on the old Hunter TV series that ran from 1984 to 1991.  IMP says, "Rick Hunter is a renegade cop who breaks the rules and takes justice into his own hands."  I even have a Hunter tie and shirt, as similar as I could get by shopping. www.imdb.com/title/tt0086734/
2.  To the best of my remembering,  I have most of those things I mentioned and a lot more.  These came to mind for me to show that I fit the name.  Friends are surprised when my order is called and I get up to answer the Hunter call.   
 3.  A search for the name, Hunter found this for me:
American Meaning: The name Hunter is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Hunter is: Hunter.
SoulUrge Number: 8    People with this name have a deep inner desire to lead, organize, supervise, and to achieve status, power and wealth.
Expression Number: 5 People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
From "She Knows", www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/hunter

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Monday, April 20, 2015 5:22:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

So many names in one person. We all have them. I won't share my list. :) Great write!

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 6:04:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Maybe it's like the IQ tests, we are all geniuses.
Anyway, it go too long to tell about my motorcycle riding.
I put it up when KP was born but I still hold my bike license.
..
..

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

You seem to know yourself pretty well and certainly seem comfortable in your skin. That's great. Love your sense of humor.

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 6:41:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Hunter suits you fine. This was quite an interesting response
Happy you dropped in to read mine

Much love...

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 7:20:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a wonderful poem :D
Thanks for stopping by :)

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

this is one adventurous and exciting name...so enjoyed reading the lines :)

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 11:28:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Perfect to chose a name and live it... Love the many meanings you have..

 
At Monday, April 20, 2015 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Definitely rebellious, lol. Loved this.

 
At Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:56:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

A very clever and fun poem, Hunter. Your attitude here is terrific and tone is very amusing. There is a typo you will forgive me for noticing which is that I think you mean off the grass rAther than of. I only bring it up because it is such a fun poem hate to see a confusion. K.

 
At Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

This is so dynamic...I enjoy all of the facets you bring to your name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home