Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Centus: Esmeralda gets a shot of you-know-what from Xentor!


.

"What's wrong, Esmeralda," Xentor asked, "you've been dumping around now most of the day."

"Oh, Uncle!  I am glad you noticed.  I just can't seem to get started with my term paper." 

"Well, perhaps I can help," offered Xentor in his big brother sort of way, "I'm experienced.  What is your theme?"

 "Part of my trouble, I'm not even collected enough for a theme.  I don't have a theme yet" she said with a wimpy little voice, "thanks but forget it."

"It's an amusing little whine you've got there.  Good start for a theme?" 

"'Little muse of mine; an amusing whine'."

"Uncle!  You're so brilliant!"
- - - - - -

Picture and Story Copyright
© 2012 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


- - - - - -

For more Saturday Census authors or how to do your own, go here to Jenny Matlock's blog.


Per Jenny:
"The prompt this week is: 'It's an amusing little whine...' (and, yes, the misspelling is deliberate)
Number of words: 100 plus the 5 words of the prompt. 105 total.

Style of writing: Any
Pictures: Any you want to share"

My 105 words as counted by MS Word, Tools; Word Count. 
MS Word did not detect ANY spelling errors. 

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:07:00 PM, Blogger Judie said...

Hahahaha! Jim, you're nailed the prompt! I whined many times over term papers. OMG! That was every before we were required to TYPE OURS!!

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:09:00 PM, Blogger Judie said...

EVEN before! NOT "every" before!!! I have made so many typos lately! In a previous comment, I meant to type "Jekyll" instead of "Kekyll." This could be a dangerous sign! Yikes!!!

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Gail said...

YOu are brilliant, Mr Jim.

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:09:00 PM, Blogger Dreaming said...

Change Xentor to "Dreaming" and Esmeralda to "CS" and you have written a great description of my household a few years ago when son struggled with writing. However, he never exclaimed, "Brilliant"!
Nice take on the prompt.

 
At Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Viki said...

Oh those dreadful days having to write term papers. I still vaguely remember having to write and rewrite them, ha. Loved this take.

 
At Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:55:00 AM, Blogger anitamombanita said...

Clever take. I've listened to my kids whine a thousand times over term papers...

 
At Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:16:00 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

I should this uncle around during high school! :)

 
At Sunday, June 24, 2012 4:26:00 PM, Blogger 21 Wits said...

I second or third it too! Great piece of writing!

 
At Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Good centus write. I could just hear her whining over the term paper. I never thought my children's whining was amusing, but an uncle problem would though. Now I want to read her term paper. laurie @ http://dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com/

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Jo said...

what a fabulous take on the prompt. I've heard my daughter whine, more than just a few times, over term papers.

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2012 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

This was a hard prompt!

I love what you did with it, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home