Sunday, September 05, 2010

One Single Impression: Choices




Youthful Choices

my Johnny Boy please use your head
don't go too far away from home
head for the gold at rainbow's end
not a good choice alone unknown

I'm Johnny Boy I've made my pick
not left or right which one to choose
I'll take the cloud where angel sits
all seem the same nothing to loose

first love is sweet ne'er to forget
it mattered not soon went their way
our Johnny Boy had no regret
for sixty years savored one day

. . .

found this of love that Johnny had
though you travel from home so far
making your choices good or bad
savor the rose your way is hard


Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2010 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


- - - - - - - -


Prompt word, Choices, suggested by Joseph Harker at naming constellations
Find more poems at
One Single Impression using "Choices" as prompt

For my short personal tale about these clouds, please go here.

Some scribblings:
left or right
right or wrong
wrong or not
knot or untied
tight or loose
.
.
.
.
up or down

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

At Sunday, September 05, 2010 12:25:00 AM, Blogger gautami tripathy said...

It has that dreamy quality which appeals to me.

ode to shoes

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2010 2:47:00 AM, Blogger Vinay Leo R. said...

how very beautiful, Jim :) so much beauty in words and the photograph!

My OSI

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2010 3:24:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

There's great depth to this one.

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2010 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Harshad Mehta said...

Very beautiful picture complimented by beautiful words.

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2010 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Nessa said...

Yes, choices shape us. Lovely.

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2010 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Ramesh Sood said...

Just beautiful. choices and we have so many moments to choose from.. which ones to carry..

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2010 8:03:00 PM, Blogger Sandra.if said...

so musical...love it!

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2010 8:11:00 PM, Blogger Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

u take my breath away.
stunning image, outstanding words.

 
At Sunday, September 05, 2010 9:53:00 PM, Blogger Amity said...

I wish to put some notes in your lines Jim!

Ti's so beautiful this poem. I love the message!!!

Good morning Jim...I missed you in my last two Sunday's OSI I guess...!!!

 
At Monday, September 06, 2010 6:03:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Love the picture- always a fan of cloud pics! This line is my favorite: "I'll take the cloud where angel sits"- Me TOO! That's where I want to be. Hope all is well with you- your comments on my posts are always so appreciated- you do have a way with the words!

 
At Monday, September 06, 2010 6:56:00 PM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Well done. It read like a lovely folk song. Thanks, Jim.

 
At Monday, September 06, 2010 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Terrific post - all the way through!

 
At Monday, September 06, 2010 9:18:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

This is so lovely, whimsical, and light. I really like the photo as well. Another great post Jim!!

 
At Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Geraldine said...

Dreamy indeed! Good one Jim.

 
At Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Tammie Lee said...

fun piece... I feel as though I went back in time into JB's sweet memories.

 
At Monday, September 20, 2010 10:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The words, essence and the image- a perfect combo for a soulful poem..!!

Dear Poetic Friend:

I invite you to join us at Jingle Poetry : http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/, we have a Monday Poetry Potluck party (weekly) for you to enjoy, the link is open American Central Time 8pm to Tuesday, 8pm. You have 48 hours linking in 1 to 3 poems, you could use an old poem if you don’t have a most updated one handy…

Hope to see you today, please do stop by and check us out.
Let us know when you stop by so that we place your link in our blog list….
Happy Sunday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home