Sunday, April 26, 2009

One Single Impression: Word

Did You Get the Word?

my word was plain and simple
not complicated--bare bones
direct and straight to the point
that word you'll not like to hear, ...


¿Qué palabra? [I had to ask that, we are in
la Vella, Andorra, tonight. Last night was the Carcassonne area of France, tomorrow night will be Barcelona, Spain.]

From that comment, you can tell I will be scarce reading your OSI posting again this week. I will try to make it up when I get back or in June for sure! Sorry.


Copyright © 2009 Jimmiehov. All Rights Reserved


Find more poems at One Single Impression "Word" as prompt,
requested by Jeeves of
Silence is Poetic
.
Painting is easy when you don’t know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Dégas
The same may go for poetry? (whatever, I enjoy painting with the words!)

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At Saturday, April 25, 2009 7:40:00 PM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

This is good, Jim. Thanks! I hope you find all the right words as you make your way around.

 
At Saturday, April 25, 2009 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Jeeves said...

Really like this one.

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:01:00 AM, Blogger Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Jim I know you and your family is having lots of fun! I can't wait to see some of the pictures.

This is very good, what's the word?

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:28:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Well, you always get the words in a good combination here :-)

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2009 4:52:00 AM, Blogger Edward S Gault said...

Nice poem Jim.
Have a great vacation!

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

translation must be your word, Jim! Have a wonderful time!

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:49:00 AM, Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

ahhh, jim...buone vacanze!!! no worries about not commenting...i'm just glad *you* are posting as you travel about.

i think i've said your poem to my children a million times ;-) well stated!!

 
At Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:49:00 PM, Blogger Tammie Lee said...

wonderful poem for this prompt,
I wonder what that word is...

 
At Monday, April 27, 2009 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Clever - clever! Happy trails...

 
At Monday, April 27, 2009 3:25:00 PM, Blogger DeLi said...

yes, and i hope i get your word right :)

 
At Monday, April 27, 2009 9:47:00 PM, Blogger Beth P. said...

Just like we like your words...plain-spoken is a tribute!

Sounds like you're having a ball in Europe!

 
At Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Jim~ You left me wondering what word...I wonder what language the word will be in? happy travels to you...enjoy!!!

 
At Sunday, May 03, 2009 1:09:00 AM, Blogger Cassiopeia Rises said...

Jim, it seems like years since I have read your wonderful poetry. I have been in hospital again for blood. I think I have a slow link. lol.
Your words are simple and to the point. Images clear and good. Well done my dear friend. I have missed you.


love-bd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home