Monday, October 28, 2019

An Ode -- Poem for the Quince

Photo from Wikiedia
[click to enlarge, once or twice]
"Still-life of quinces"
Vincent Van Gogh

Ode to a Fruit

Oh that I'd eat all the fruits that I like 
Apples oranges and grapes my delight
Some are strange like the yellow fellow Quince
Not real pretty eating raw makes one wince

But baked in a pie they are O so good
A wide slice will be sweet soft and gooey
Find them in France growing near St. Remy
Van Gogh painted himself a bowl of them 

Oh that I'd eat all the fruits that I like 
Eat them raw but for Quince in pie I'll bake
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/10/kerry-says-what-is-metamodernism.html?m=1

 - Kerry wrote of the scientific principle of "metamodernism" and of it's place in poetry.   My writing today makes a 180 degree turn around which sort of fits in.

 - My inspiration was from reading "an Ode to the Quince"  published in "The Tree Hugger", October 19, 2019, click here , by Melissa Breyer, managing editor (her Bio). Wikipedia article

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:40:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

It is so easy to have a love affair with fruit, they are entrancing much like a tart!

 
At Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:41:00 AM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

A lovely ode to quince — I like your rhymes and how you give them a certain personality. Very well penned! :-)

 
At Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I would like to taste quince pie one day.

 
At Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:48:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the rhyming.....i have never tasted quince.

 
At Tuesday, October 29, 2019 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a wonderful ode, Jim! ❤️

 
At Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:06:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

I've never eaten a quince, raw or cooked, but you make the pie sound yummy. Great job with the ode. I like that you put Van Gogh painted himself a bowl of them and the picture

 

Post a Comment

<< Home