Tuesday, July 30, 2019

A strange Poem for Open Tuesday Platform

Why the moon

Why that bright round object in moonlit sky
Frustrated by its power over me
Causes me to howl with the baying wolves
Waste of time I know but I do it still

Bite the ladies on their necks suck some blood
Brings no intrinsic value to my self
There's calories naught--not in my food chain
It's the look on their faces that I seek

Magic pull that I feel not, still there's tides
Strange acts belie my royal heritage
The way I talk way I walk even drive
Meet me on the highways you should take care

The moon me and rest of the family
Royal inbreeding has taken its toll
Affects us even down to our web toes
Hapsburg jaws Rothschild's noses tell on us

Dark secret here revealed that dratted moon
Gets all the blame for our weird doings strange 

"Big Moon" by Alicia Dunn, 2017
 _ _ _

- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2919, All Rights Reserved
- I am linked with Anmol (alias HA) in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-tuesday-platform-moon-moments.html?m=1

 - Note:  for now my wolves will be "baying."  Some say that only Dogs bay.  Read, "https://www.dailydogdiscoveries.com/difference-between-dog-howling-and-baying/  "

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:39:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I liked your strange poem. Like the moon it rather pulls in all directions. The night, the blood, action and reaction.

 
At Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:19:00 AM, Blogger  said...

“Royal inbreeding has taken its toll“

Ha. That made me giggle. I especially enjoyed the piece from that line down. :)

 
At Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

Strange poem evokes strange moods — I really like how you build this story with a certain allure. I love the ending in particular, with its cheeky take on the motifs attached with the moon.

 
At Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:38:00 PM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

The moon does strange things to us, including howling at it and writing strange poems. I think there’s a hint of naughtiness in the second stanza, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home