Thursday, April 04, 2019

Day 04 NaPoWriMo 2019

In your sleep

She was a happy cat, Farrah
Outside cat she brought us some spoils
Spoils of her hunt, mice, snakes and birds
To our back door step, play for her
Slept in the flower bed, got to
sleeping too much, Doctor okayed

Then one day Farrah didn't wake
Doctor said Nature's way, old cats
_ _ _

Father liked his TV his way
Watched Gunsmoke and Texas Ranger
Sitting in his big chair, sometimes
he'd go to sleep in that big chair
Later he slept through his programs

One day Dad never awakened
Doctor said, Nature's way, like cats
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked to Sherry Blue Sky in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/wordy-thursday-with-wild-woman-scars-to.html?m=1
   and,
 - I am linked to NaPoWriMo at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-four-7/


11 Comments:

At Thursday, April 04, 2019 3:40:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Farrah sounds like a great cat and, sadly, we all have to say goodbye to our battle-scarred old moggies. I love the nostalgia in this poem with Gunsmoke and Texas Ranger. My dad used to fall asleep watching TV too and I often used to listen for his breathing.

 
At Thursday, April 04, 2019 4:15:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is incredibly evocative, Jim.

 
At Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:17:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh, Jim, to go peacefully in one's sleep must be the kindest, most peaceful death. Lovely to picture Farrah, and your father, slipping off to sleep in their favourite places. Sigh. I love this poem. My new favourite of yours.

 
At Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:43:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Hmmm, I'm falling asleep in front of the TV sometimes, nowadays. Are you trying to scare me? LOL.

Apart from that– a lovely, nostalgic, comforting poem.

 
At Thursday, April 04, 2019 10:18:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

A lovely poem...somehow, I am thinking you are telling me we are all "one." A good reminder. Thanks for this poem.

 
At Thursday, April 04, 2019 10:29:00 AM, Blogger tonispencer said...

One of your very best Jim. My mother went in her sleep. a reward for working so hard all of her life and then dying by inches of Alzheimer's. A peaceful way to go compared with living. This touched a chord in me Jim.

 
At Thursday, April 04, 2019 4:53:00 PM, Blogger  said...

I like this poem very much.

 
At Thursday, April 04, 2019 7:47:00 PM, Blogger Kenia Santos said...

The beautiful nostalgia in this poem touched me sweetly. Thanks.

 
At Friday, April 05, 2019 7:18:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

This is a wonderful, thoughtful poem, Jim!

 
At Saturday, April 06, 2019 5:38:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Well, your father might not like being compared to a cat, but it works very well—the hunting and the Gunsmoke! Thanks. K.

 
At Monday, April 08, 2019 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Nice details... and I like the segway from your cat to your dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home