Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Day 16 ~~ NaPoWriMo

The Kleptomanic;
story,  fact or fiction?

I have a problem, two problems
I am a Kleptomanic
I've been that way since I was born
Snatched cigarettes before I crawled

Not the worst, I've lost my status
When's the last time you heard that word,
Kleptomanic no one knows
Out of their vocabulary

It's still in the dictionary
Anymore it just isn't used
Kleptomaniacy's no excuse
Had I been Hypochondriac

The moral here is that no one,
really, no one cares for my plight
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Anmol, aka HA, in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/04/the-tuesday-platform-you-are-poet-poems.html?m=1
 - and also with NaPoWriMo,  Day 16, at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-sixteen-6/

 - I'm hoping this post won't offend or be considered in bad taste. I woke up for some reason having Kleptomania on my mind.  Felt that I hadn't heard that word since I can't remember when.  Google says not many are afflicted by it.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:10:00 PM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

I think the term and the condition is still in common parlance. It's a witty write, pondering over the control disorder. :-)

 
At Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:07:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

It was cool to be reminded of this condition, Jim. It must be a tough one for people to deal with.

 
At Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:16:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

You are right. No one cares about kleptomania anymore. We are too wound up in ADHD

 
At Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:45:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Sadly no one cares, no one cares about so many things.

 
At Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:01:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

It's true - no one cares.

 
At Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:25:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes you're right, it has gone out of vogue.

 
At Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:26:00 AM, Blogger Yvonne Osborne said...

Love your opening stanza. We only care about things in vogue at the moment.

 
At Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:41:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Actually I think kleptomania has shifted from vice to virtue in these days of greed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home