Saturday, October 27, 2018

Where I am ~~ Saturday Poem

  Count the keys on this LARGE PRINT typewriter pictured above.
Please also note that it is a manual and not electric.

Where am I

Like a celebrity I've been asked to tell
where and what I do when I write
So tell you what, it isn't always easy

Its mostly where I be or there at the
breakfast room table. Lots of variations
and iterations to tell here.

This I'm wriing sitting in my recliner
Also watching. Houston my alma mater on TV
They're playing football, slightly ahead

Yesterday I wrote at midnight on the edge of
my bed. TV was on with "Murder she wrote"
Come morning I prettied it up at the table

Other times I just post what I wrote then
and there, at church, riding in the car, or
out on the porch. Later pretty plus picture

Not real exciting or emotional here, just it
Let you know how my team does, still ahead
_ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2012 (link) and 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Toni Spencer in the Imaginary Garden at https://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/10/dont-touch-my-meez.html?m=1

9 Comments:

At Saturday, October 27, 2018 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

The excitement is in the not really exciting settings. Your different places and backdrops of writing suggest how it is another element in the way of life. How wonderful that is! There's a certain comfort in writing anywhere familiar. :-)
-HA

 
At Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:18:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

I totally agree with Anmol. There is a comfort in writing anywhere that gives birth to the poem. I like the primaries if where that become a the extraordinary. Thank you for writing this wonderful poem to my prompt.

 
At Sunday, October 28, 2018 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Never let life interfere with your writing appears to be the message and how I agree with you. I have just had a visitor on a Sunday no less and I am dashing back to do some comments and start writing for another blog, now he has gone.

 
At Sunday, October 28, 2018 4:45:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I agree with Anmol and Toni, the excitement is in the not really exciting settings and the comfort in writing anywhere familiar.

 
At Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:57:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I understand.. it's not the setting but the inspiration from within that makes the difference

 
At Sunday, October 28, 2018 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

This is great- no matter where, when the thoughts come, you must write!

 
At Sunday, October 28, 2018 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I began writing on an old Underwood typewriter when I was eleven, and continued until finally getting my first computer in the late 90's. That was a lot of typing, lol. I spent a lot of time correcting things from typing too fast. A computer keyboard is such a blessing.

 
At Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Well, I am impressed with your ability to write wherever you might be! Kudos.

 
At Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

One time through, I don't believe in cuts and re-do's! Mistakes be damned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home