Thursday, July 12, 2018

A garden poem for Thursday

 
Where I'm Planted

Here I am rooted in good soil
Others rooted in wet or pots
You might say wrong side of the tracks
Richer digging builds character
Search for food deep down makes me tough

My waist is at water level
I drink in the rains of knowledge
Head shoulders arms are raised up high
I search the skies but kiss the ground
Here I'm placed happy with no choice

                   _ _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - Pictures are 'PrintScreen' copies from Margaret's post, linked below
 - I'm linked with Margaret in the Imaginary Garden at https://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/07/artistic-interpretations-with-margaret.html?m=1
 - Margaret wrote, "My dear friend and gifted artist, Toril Fisher, has once again generously offered to allow us to use her paintings for our poetic endeavors. (We are to) ... credit her as the artist.  She has a Facebook page "Toril Fisher Fine Art".  She can also be found on Instagram under ( @torilart) Toril Fisher.  She sells her artwork at numerous art fairs in the summer.  I own a number of her paintings..."

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, July 12, 2018 5:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one can't outrun one's roots - they are shadows that are of our skins, but of course, one can wander and see beyond the surface ... and know, even in the crappiest of spaces, places, people can and do change ....

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:59:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

I search the skies but kiss the ground
Here I'm placed happy with no choice

Some are privileged and blessed with good intentions. Good comes back to those who do good. It works that way apparently Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I love this, Jim. A fine place to be!

 
At Friday, July 13, 2018 1:10:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

A lovely earthy extended metaphor, Jim, honest and grounded. I love the lines:
'Head shoulders arms are raised up high
I search the skies but kiss the ground
Here I'm placed happy with no choice'.

 
At Friday, July 13, 2018 4:34:00 AM, Blogger Thotpurge said...

happy with no choice... wow, such a contradiction one would imagine..yet those beets do seem happy!!!

 
At Friday, July 13, 2018 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I search the skies but kiss the ground" - great line!

 
At Friday, July 13, 2018 8:54:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

Yes, we all find ourselves "somewhere." Maybe on the plains, the mountains, the valleys or deep underground. Nice write.

 
At Saturday, July 14, 2018 8:21:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

I nodded when I read -drinking in the rains of knowledge. A thoughtful write.

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2018 5:39:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

We all have our roots. The ending of your poem made me think of Harvey for some reason.

 
At Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

It's obvious you love the land and have lived on the land...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home