Saturday, September 23, 2017

Mini Challenge -- another added to my boat poems

My boat
 
My thrill started before I knew
just what a boat was.  I'd found an
old bottle from somewhere I have
forgotten now.  On rainy days
 
I'd put my little boat into
a stream of water gushing down
the hill and away.  On it's down
hill trek I'd be there acting as
 
Captain of my ship, steering, not
aware how fragile my vessel
might have been It didn't bother
that I had to go, bring it back
 
I'd do it over and over
again and again.  When I tired
the boat went in my stash, along
with my other make to do toys
 

[Taken at the Little Venice Canal Boat show, 2014, London, U.K.]
                                   [click to enlarge]
- - - -

Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2014 and 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 
 
I'm linked with 
For the mini-challenge I have 104 words.
Some boats for me on this blog, http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/search?q=boat
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:56:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

The thought of being captain onboard is a great thought. But it's can be a lot of work too.

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:04:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I can see that small captain, steering his ship.......

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:11:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

When you're little, anything can be a boat. We used to throw leaves into a pond to watch them sail. All it takes its a little imagination and you become the captain of your ship!

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:34:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha, my brother and I used to do this! Or sometimes we even used big leaves. You could stick a matchstick in for a mast, with a bit of damp dirt to hold it in place.

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:51:00 AM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

I remember leaf boats, and stick boats and paper boats and....you've set me off now. Such nostalgia Jim.

 
At Monday, September 25, 2017 4:34:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

What a wonderful memory of childhood Jim! Thank you for your kind words over at my blog. I am glad you did not flood where you are. I work for Harris County Library System and one of our libraries out your way did flood as well.

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:02:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Nobody wants me
Makes me cry at night
Thinking asking why

Everyone wants me
Want what all I've got
But they dump me off

To cry. Cry the night
Come morn, wash my eyes
What I had its gone


 
At Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

A weekend shadorma poem

3 I today

 

Post a Comment

<< Home