Tuesday, November 15, 2016

A Tuesday poem, 'Keeping a fire'

 
The fire's gone out

Oh, my dear, the fire has gone out
 Can we start it again or not
It doesn't seem it had a chance
 Logs are plenty, an ember not

It will take a match, kindling, more
 Another bad start?  Shall we chance?
Not start at all, salvage the wood?
 I say flip a coin, winner choose
_ _ _ _
Photo and Poem copyright, © 2016 Jimmiehov, All rights reserved

I am linked with Marian at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Tuesday Platfom. http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-tuesday-platform_15.html

Marian's said we can use any poem previously written or we can write a new one.  I opted for a new writingHer theme is "Many of us are struggling with darkness; let us endeavor to keep a light ablaze in the Garden."

My writer doesn't seem to be keeping very well with the theme.  "Flipping a coin" is an antiphrase* to her suggestion, "let us endeavor."

*Note: http://www.linguee.com/french-english/translation/antiphrase.html

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Flipping the coin is always good. The cat is voting for a fire though, I think.

 
At Tuesday, November 15, 2016 3:15:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

The challenge of lighting a fire can be overwhelming, at other times it just take a match.

 
At Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! It really can be frustrating to get a good fire going.

 
At Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love wood fires....so cozy.

 
At Wednesday, November 16, 2016 1:08:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Well ... if you have plenty of blankets ...

 
At Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:59:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

I like this, Jim... literally and metaphorically. :)

 
At Thursday, November 17, 2016 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Gel said...

I enjoyed this. Like Rosemary, my thoughts were ignited to the passionate or romantic meaning. Watching a contained fire is mesmerizing.

 
At Thursday, November 17, 2016 2:46:00 PM, Blogger Gel said...

OH, I especially like the first stanza. It flows.

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2016 1:22:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I so love watching a fire. It is so hypnotizing...I get lost in it.

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Fires are nice but a lot of work :) Soft warm wool socks and sweater are a great alternative!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home