Saturday, October 15, 2016

an October poem

[Texas Lighthouse at Point Bolivar]
 
October
 
October is a cow, a female cow
She will moo for you and make you a shake
You have no choice but for you to rejoice
 
October is a pig, big old spoiled boar
He won't pay you never mind so you think
Walk past him quickly, he is gonna grunt
 
October is a baby chick, come quick
see how fast it learns, today tries to crow
Tomorrow it is to scratch, dig for worms
 
October is all the pets on my farm
Donkey Don, Billy goat, Cilly sheep, Shep
I've named them all, won't bore you with no more
 
Well except just one more, my favorite
October is my trusty horse, my love
Harley cares for me, nuzzles and gives me rides
_ _ _ _ 
 
Photos and Poem copyright, © 2016 Jimmiehov, All rights reserved
 
 
I'm linked with at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,
Bonus fact, the only truth here, my birthday is in October, near Halloween
 

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:21:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Love all the facets of your October - ha.

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2016 5:18:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh I adore this! Such sweet playfulness in your verse 💖

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2016 5:56:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Vijita Pillai said...

Petting October... different thought :)

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:10:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

October is obviously everything else there are to think of. Must have been goodness all round, Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:16:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I love that in October your Harley is a horse. How wonderful is that! Fun, fun, fun!

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2016 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Linda said...

You have covered all the facets of October, Jim. :)

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

That is one fine horse! LOL.

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:07:00 PM, Blogger Stacie Eirich said...

Oh I do love all the animals, but even more that your bike got in to the poem -- or, I should say, horse of course. What a ride! :-)

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the many faces of October

 
At Monday, October 17, 2016 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

October is a beast but I like that Harley

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2016 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Sounds like October is a lot of fun!

 
At Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:34:00 AM, Blogger Gel said...

Oops, oh my oh my- that was a whopper of a typo( even tho it is spelled incorrectly). Meant Harley

 
At Tuesday, November 08, 2016 8:06:00 PM, Blogger Susie Hovendick Chan said...

I never realized months have personalities!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home