Sidekicks -- a Love Poem of sorts, not real mushy
Growing up Sidekicks
Growing up on our farms, a blast for me
The days before local gangs developed
"Them Boys" as we were called cared for the hood
Sweet on this girl, she had a crush on me
Spending more time with her than with the boys
Learned life's lessons together, good 'n bad
First grade we'd pull aside, tease ecstasy
Was my sidekick, she had a crush on me
Always in each other's mind, setting life's stage
Living double lives, this the both of us
Mine the boys, then with her, her life the same
She for me, me for her, sweet crush on me
Sidekicks always develop more, ours did
Ecstasy learned put into practice, we
Teenage crush still, it matured. Loved that girl
Her time was first, for sure the boys were last
Then one day we had to part, parent things
New school for her, far away, we lost track
The next I heard she had killed herself. Dead
That part of her story I never knew
_ _ _ _
Poem copyright ©, 2016 Jimmiehov, All rights reserved
Photo copyright ©, 2011. I took it on my favorite London street, a block ahead is Abey Road of the Beatles fame. At that time out daughter lived in a flat inside the fence to the right.
I am linked with Rommy at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Sidekicks in the Spotlight, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/09/sidekicks-in-spotlight.html
1. This story has truths, fantasies, and fictions, a little of all three and other. I don't kiss and tell. Fact is though that two of the girls I had been sweet on have committed suicide.
- One I will tell, I grew up with Janis Joplin music and really liked her and her songs. She did commit suicide, I still a record and a CD, that's all.
- Other girls and young ladies have had their crushes, I don't know why. And they have different stories.
2. Mrs. Jim and I have been married 43 years, we are sidekicks. For real!
3. Mrs. Jim thinks the couple in the foreground are both young ladies. I think it is boy, girl. I know that the couple walking ahead is one of each gender holding hands.
4. Here is a poem, the second, bottom, written on/for my first grade crush. The setting was the school storm cellar steps. http://jimmielife1.blogspot.com/2009/01/two-special-girls.html.